David Beckham Wages

I am QPR. I have heard people sign him in the championship. He is interested in joining me. I have agreed a fee with LA Galaxy but I can meet his wage demands. The board are only letting me offer 26k a week.

If you have signed him how much a week did you offer him?

I signed him for Sunderland for £3.5m and £45,000pw. Not a championship team I know but relegation candidates nonethless.

As no other teams were competing for his signature I withdrew my offer few times and tried to offer him less wages but he wouldn't accept. Have you tired adjusting the wage budget in the board room settings? If you can't then the only thing I can think of is selling players and increasing the wage budget that way.

He's worth getting and making your captain if you can. The squad reacts well to this. He scored the winner vs Man utd from a freekick which made me laugh.

His pace is SEVEN. Why would you want him?

It's not seven to begin with (although 9 isn't much better!)...it does starts to decline in the 2nd season (currently 10 games in pace is 8).

He's still well worth it for his set pieces and creativity. He gets loads of assists from corners too.

To get round the pace problem I have avoided using him on the wing strange as it may sound. I've played him MC and interestingly I've played him in home games as DMC with playmaker checked. He has got me assists in this way.

He's injured an awful lot though but that could be my training.

To get round the pace problem I have avoided using him on the wing strange as it may sound. I've played him MC and interestingly I've played him in home games as DMC with playmaker checked. He has got me assists in this way.
Aha, Sven's infamous "quarterback" role. :D

I've tried buying him, but he doesn't want to come to Crewe. He's 38 already, only worth £60,000 and being paid £4,800 p/w. And he's retiring at the end of the season. He still possesses very good attributes though, just lacking in the physical department.

Archived