Question: Has league growth been implemented?

Anyone tried to take a weak team in a weak league, beat giants in Uefa Champions Cup, and had their current league improved in standings, or even price money?

Really wanted to know, because this was discussed when FM09 was in the making.

League reputation is fixed, but team reputation fluxuates and unfortunately is in part based on league rep. As you improve, the surrounding teams will improve, but it is posible for us to improve beyond a certain point, while they will be limited in what they can do as their actions and rep are in some ways dictated by league rep.

ok... I do hope that very soon SI will sort this out.

This may sound insignificant but to me its priceless.

It's something that is very important to many players of FM. Unfortunately it hasn't been implemented yet but it's something alot of people having been calling for. Hopefull SI have something in the pipeline for the next version.

ok... I do hope that very soon SI will sort this out.

This may sound insignificant but to me its priceless.

hmmmmm, im not sure if the league its self improves but teams in it certainly do. I remember reading a thready about a guy who had done something like 60 seasons and the leaders in the finanical part of the game were teams in portugal. So they must have touched upon this feature or the big three leagues (england, spain, italy) would be the big three always.

League rep will improve with continued continental success - however as far as i've seen, prize money etc within the league is unaffected by this - the quality of the league does however improve due to the increase in rep.

Doesn't require an editor or anything to check, just spend ten years or so playing in holland, germany or france and soon the other teams in your league will be getting players before the likes of AC, Inter, Real, Barca, Utd, Chelsea et al.

League rep will improve with continued continental success - however as far as i've seen, prize money etc within the league is unaffected by this - the quality of the league does however improve due to the increase in rep.

Doesn't require an editor or anything to check, just spend ten years or so playing in holland, germany or france and soon the other teams in your league will be getting players before the likes of AC, Inter, Real, Barca, Utd, Chelsea et al.

League reputation can not change however league standard can. But the static league reputation acts as a sort of cap on club rep for teams in that league meaning that clubs can improve but will not rise above a certain level.

The league reps of germany and france are not far off the big three anyway so it doesn't take much for them to compete. But if you played in the much smaller leagues like N.Ireland, Belarus etc it will never be possible to get even close to the bigger leagues.

Archived