Swapping position vs. Man-marking

I've played against Sevilla and I noticed that Kanoute and Fabiano often play swap positon.

Kanoute who is taller than Fabiano played a bit deeper than Fabiano.

So I set my tall DC to man-mark Kanoute (aka Tall ST) and my quick DC to man-mark Fabiano. But whenever they swap position, the name of the player that I want my DC to man-mark is changed X(

That really annoys me! I have no complain about they play swap position. But when I order my DC to man-mark a specific player, then he must man mark that player.

Do u think it needs to be fixed? :(

So, in a case similar to OP's, when I instruct my RB to man mark the oponent's ML, and the AI changes his position and places him to the other wing, what will my player do? Keep marking the ML position, whoever plays there, or stick to the original player and follow him everywhere?

he will mark the lm, it sets it to man mark that position rather than that man

Ah, I see, thanks. But what if we want to set our DM to mark a specific player, i.e the op AMC, who can also play as FC? If the AI changes from 4-4-1-1 to 4-4-2 (moving the AM to the FC position), what will my player do? Since the AMC position no longer exists on the AI's tactic?

Ah, I see, thanks. But what if we want to set our DM to mark a specific player, i.e the op AMC, who can also play as FC? If the AI changes from 4-4-1-1 to 4-4-2 (moving the AM to the FC position), what will my player do? Since the AMC position no longer exists on the AI's tactic?

Then I guess you have to adjust your tactic accordingly, or? Action and re-action...

/JB

Then I guess you have to adjust your tactic accordingly, or? Action and re-action...

/JB

This is correct, which is a shame. Currently there are three marking options: Zonal, Man Marking, and Mark Specific Player (where you choose the player from a drop-down list). The latter option should clearly be fixed so no matter what position the player is, he is marked around the pitch by that particular player.

This is correct, which is a shame. Currently there are three marking options: Zonal, Man Marking, and Mark Specific Player (where you choose the player from a drop-down list). The latter option should clearly be fixed so no matter what position the player is, he is marked around the pitch by that particular player.

Sorry to insist on the topic, I can understand the "mark specific palyer" option and its flaw, but what's the option "man marking" means? He will mark any nearby oponent? Or his position oponent? Or choose to mark palyer rather than space (in contrast with zonal marking)?

Sorry to insist on the topic, I can understand the "mark specific palyer" option and its flaw, but what's the option "man marking" means? He will mark any nearby oponent? Or his position oponent? Or choose to mark palyer rather than space (in contrast with zonal marking)?

My interpretation is that zonal marking means he will mark an area, or a zone; man marking means he will mark his position opponent (e.g. a left back marks a right midfielder); whilst marking a specific player should, IMO, mean he sticks to a particular player no matter where that player goes on the pitch.

They should change it slightly. A choice so you a player can man-mark a particular player (tall DC on tall FC) or man-mark a particular position (RB on ML). Would love to see that in FM10.

If we man mark a specific position, what will happen if the opposing team changes the formation? The man-mark option at the moment looks like have depend on position already.

I think the option to man-mark a specific player would be enough. Then we could man-mark a player even if he swaps his position with other player.

Archived