Does FM make you angry??

Well, i'd just like to know if the game brings anger out of anybody else??

I can barely get through a session without smashing my laptop monitor causing multi-coloured ripples. I often get really angry when I feel the FM engine is just conspiring against me, like its determined to tell the story of the fantastic Braintree comeback when i'm beating them 3 - 0.

When I really lose it I sometimes even square up to the laptop and start shouting abuse at it, and I even threaten it... some times i'll say "ohhhh **** off, go on then ******* score another goal, i dare you, see what happens, GO ON!!!!!".

Another thing, I lose my big target man for the 3 months, I finally get him back in full training and my top goal scorer gets injured for 4 to 5 months in the game after. Ok I can deal with that. The next game my best midfielder; the player who has the most assists in the entire league got injured for 7 to 8 months. Then in training that week, the big target man is ruled out for a month. Well, needless to say the laptop got thrown of the desk and kicked across the room :)

I've also smashed to peices the FM 07 and FM 08 cases. I've managed to contain my anger with FM 09 case so far and tend to take it out on the new and expensive laptop instead :p

Anybody else??

Well - all the other versions of FM/CM have made my surroundings ill at ease at the prospect of being broken. And I have emoquit more than 100s of times.

However, FM 09 do not inspire this to me as it is. Only the lastest patch was workable, and there has really not been much to shout at - or maybe I am not as demanding anymore?

Maybe because I am expecting all kinds of stuff happening now, and I will take it with a shrug now. Maybe the other patches killed my emotions towards FM and the will to succeed?

Still waiting for the CM thing that happened in the first edition of CM; 21 year old world class player decides to retire.

You've got to be stupid or have mental issues or both to start smashing things up over a computer game, quite sad really throwing your LAPTOP around because you lost, i'd dread to think what would happen if something screwed you over in REAL LIFE.

Get a grip.

Firstly, do not patronise me.

I have a really bad temper, it runs in the family. But I can assure you I do have self constraint when it comes to dealing with living things, I may have a temper but i'm not dumb. I do know the consequences. I take my frustration out in other ways.

Also, it also serves me incredibly well, I am highly competitive in EVERYTHING I do. Everything I take part in, I have to win, to a point my friends get ****ed off and we have fallen out over it. But I am a perfectionist, I will be successful in REAL LIFE!!! while you can sit on your LAPTOP in a peaceful manner... on a very high horse, simply patronsing and judgeing people in your sad little way.

This thread was meant in a light hearted manner, the OP represented an extreme. I do not do this after every little incident. I am passionate and competitive. That is all.

Firstly, do not patronise me.

I have a really bad temper, it runs in the family. But I can assure you I do have self constraint when it comes to dealing with living things, I may have a temper but i'm not dumb. I do know the consequences. I take my frustration out in other ways.

Also, it also serves me incredibly well, I am highly competitive in EVERYTHING I do. Everything I take part in, I have to win, to a point my friends get ****ed off and we have fallen out over it. But I am a perfectionist, I will be successful in REAL LIFE!!! while you can sit on your LAPTOP in a peaceful manner... on a very high horse, simply patronsing and judgeing people in your sad little way.

This thread was meant in a light hearted manner, the OP represented an extreme. I do not do this after every little incident. I am passionate and competitive. That is all.

You sound like one of the early exit morons on The Apprentice, getting angry over a computer game really is beyond sad really. Incidentally i'll patronise you all i want, you clearly deserve it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha writing in capitals yes im sure you will be takin serious. Your a mental person go into a home.

I only copied what buzzing hornet did ;). And your obviously thick as mince if your post is anything to go by, so I wont be taking your expert advice. I think you should get to bed though, got school tommorow eh?

You've got to be stupid or have mental issues or both to start smashing things up over a computer game, quite sad really throwing your LAPTOP around because you lost, i'd dread to think what would happen if something screwed you over in REAL LIFE.

Get a grip.

You got to suffer from apathy not to care about the things you put your mind into.

Some of us play to win, others to participate. Those that play to participate are very often those who fail at winning. Are you one of those?

You got to suffer from apathy not to care about the things you put your mind into.

Some of us play to win, others to participate. Those that play to participate are very often those who fail at winning. Are you one of those?

- Caring to the point of getting angry and breaking things is sad, i care but nowhere near enough to lose my temper.

- Again, i play to win yes but i'm not sad enough to start throwing a hissy fit when things don't go my way, that's what toddlers do.

I can barely get through a session without smashing my laptop monitor causing multi-coloured ripples. I often get really angry when I feel the FM engine is just conspiring against me, like its determined to tell the story of the fantastic Braintree comeback when i'm beating them 3 - 0.

When I really lose it I sometimes even square up to the laptop and start shouting abuse at it, and I even threaten it... some times i'll say "ohhhh **** off, go on then ******* score another goal, i dare you, see what happens, GO ON!!!!!".

Another thing, I lose my big target man for the 3 months, I finally get him back in full training and my top goal scorer gets injured for 4 to 5 months in the game after. Ok I can deal with that. The next game my best midfielder; the player who has the most assists in the entire league got injured for 7 to 8 months. Then in training that week, the big target man is ruled out for a month. Well, needless to say the laptop got thrown of the desk and kicked across the room :)

I've also smashed to peices the FM 07 and FM 08 cases. I've managed to contain my anger with FM 09 case so far and tend to take it out on the new and expensive laptop instead :p

Anybody else??

Sounds a bit like you're the sort of manager that would not be content with only throwing teacups at half-time, but would be quite content gouging eyeballs with the spout of the kettle.

You're not by any chance the "Angry German Kid" now world famous thanks to YouTube are you? :D

- Caring to the point of getting angry and breaking things is sad, i care but nowhere near enough to lose my temper.

- Again, i play to win yes but i'm not sad enough to start throwing a hissy fit when things don't go my way, that's what toddlers do.

We all have different reaction patterns. Some of us respond to frustration by letting out some steam by smashing things. Good for you that nothing affects you to this degree.

For some it makes us excel. John McEnroe was like this too.

Maybe you never excel at anything, or even care to?

Why be an idiot about it? Your stuff seems intact.

Yelling at the computer is somewhat cathartic for me, although, I feel that I have a much better than average grasp of the tactics for each game (thank you TT&F and Loversleaper), and I generally disapprove of the "FM sucks" threads, but in this instance, I think I finally have to break my negative silence and have a right go.

:rant alert:

I can't stand the lazy, demotivated-seeming play of many of my players, despite having "looking motivated" or "playing with confidence" in the team motivation display. It's like they're walking to the ball, while the opposing team, who mainly have "playing okay" or "playing nervously" in their motivation, and similar attributes in comparison to my players, are 9/10 times beating my players to the ball, connecting their one-touch 40 yard passes 3 or 4 at a time, and unleashing long-range missiles that smash against the post, and finally send my team into action, only instead of keeping their shape, and waking up from their mindless stupor, I have my star center-back making a 50 yard sprint (despite having no forward runs, creative freedom set to "little", closing down set to "own area" and mentality "defensive"), flanked by at least one of my wingers, a full-back, a striker, and perhaps a midfielder or two, after a ball that has cannoned off the crossbar, while their appropriately chosen midfielder goes after it (note - only one player!), somehow miraculously beating all 4, 5, or 6 of my players to the ball, despite being inferior in every physical category than all of my players, and starting several yards further behind my nomadic headless chicken emulating nitwits, threads a pinpoint, half-the-length-of-the-field killer through ball to their rookie striker (making his debut, lethal occasion that consigns even world-class clubs to defeat against pants opposition), who has mental attributes that are so poor, I can only assume he is afflicted with Down's Syndrome or his parents dropped him on his head so many times, he is known only as Humpty Dumpty, yet he somehow manages to out-anticipate, out-muscle, and out-fox the remaining 5 or so players I have behind the ball, who also happen to be in better positions than him to intercept the ball, only to unleash a screamer from the edge of the area, further adding to the giant compost heap that is the match.

\end rant

Phew! Now that my first (and hopefully last) rant is over with, I can hopefully move past this nightmarish period and enjoy my FM-ing once again. ;)

Sounds a bit like you're the sort of manager that would not be content with only throwing teacups at half-time, but would be quite content gouging eyeballs with the spout of the kettle.

You're not by any chance the "Angry German Kid" now world famous thanks to YouTube are you? :D

Hah, I'm not THAT bad :)

If I was a sportsman, Id probably mould myself upon the style of Keane i.e smashing up a man utd dressing room after a defeat, launching a tactic board across the room and breaking it in half (went on to win second half), and slapping team captain Dean Whitehead (went on to win second half). A.K.A "hissy fits". Kinda works though.

Perhaps there's an idea for team talk improvements there then Kert...

1) Angry

2) Dissapointed

3) Pleased

4) Delighted

5) Don't get complacent

6) You... lookin' at me... I said YOU *insert copulation related expletive here* LOOKING AT ME!?!?! (Accompanied by the infamous Travis Bickle stare)

7) Do that again and I will remove your kneecaps with a rusty spoon!

8) AAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHRRRRRR

Money was a good motivator back in the early editions. But I fancy the idea of implementing a goon squad to your staff list with incitement to break kneecaps.

btw Even though I liked the Taxi driver analogy, I think that the option "Throw it like Ferguson - bend it like Beckham." would be an awesome option.

Perhaps there's an idea for team talk improvements there then Kert...

1) Angry

2) Dissapointed

3) Pleased

4) Delighted

5) Don't get complacent

6) You... lookin' at me... I said YOU *insert copulation related expletive here* LOOKING AT ME!?!?! (Accompanied by the infamous Travis Bickle stare)

7) Do that again and I will remove your kneecaps with a rusty spoon!

8) AAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHRRRRRR

Made me chuckle that did. Top stuff!

I do that a lot, but I never break things like you, I can control and limit myself to just swearing, or maybe the odd fist pound to the desk.

I generally curse the day the developers of the game were born when the game angers me. I've been winning 3-0 in an CCL game as TFC and given up four goals to Pumas. I wanted to bring out a firing squad and have my entire defense shot.

Anybody else??

Dude, you got issues. Seriously.

Do not ever, EVER try driving a car, for the good of mankind.

Cheers,

Fowler

Dude, you got issues. Seriously.

Do not ever, EVER try driving a car, for the good of mankind.

Cheers,

Fowler

Yet there's a simple solution: Just press ALT+F4 on your keyboard, and I'm sure your problems will all be gone in a breeze...

Cheers,

Fowler

I was angry last week because my hard drive died, and I lost a game that I was 20 seasons into. I had a ton of quality youth players that I was looking forward to watching develop, but I couldn't retrieve any of the info. :-(

I'm now finding it hard to get motivated to start a new one....

what makes me angry is nutters posting threads constantly moaning i say get a grip with reality its only a game for god sake...

right wheres that chair so i can smash my window because i lost against scumthopre in fa cup....oooh that makes me mad haha

I was angry last week because my hard drive died, and I lost a game that I was 20 seasons into. I had a ton of quality youth players that I was looking forward to watching develop, but I couldn't retrieve any of the info. :-(

I'm now finding it hard to get motivated to start a new one....

That sucks - I have tried something similar many times. Although none as serious. I always returned however, even if I let days/months pass by. For some reason it is always the good saves that gets ruined :mad:

First of all, let me say that FM doesn't make me nearly as angry as real life football. That's even worse. Last weekend, from Saturday about 16.45h on, my weekend was over :mad:

On FM I'm sometimes angry as well, but not directed at the game. I hardly ever feel cheated and when others would, I realize there's a flaw in the engine and that it's just a game.

That is not true anymore for my players though :D I love them, hate them, shout at them and tell them what to do. But no physical violence involved :)

Because they think they know everything and feel like they have the right to argue every post. It's a matter of opinion at the end of the day. I like Kert do the same as him (no laptops broken as of yet) if thats the way we like to express our anger (joy at times to) then why not?? If you told Wayne Rooney to stop running round like an idiot and getting angry when things dont go his way then he wouldnt be half the player he is. The same goes to top managers (not including myself of course), if SAF/The special one didnt get angry when they concedded a goal they would be accused of having no passion. People express their frustration in their own way, so people coming on here saying your stupid if u get angry like that over a game means nothing. You may sit back and hold your immotions in but some people like to get them out in the open. People who keep them looked away can seriously harm themselves, it seems to me that you may be the one's who need help in the near future if u carry on.

agreed, theres a handful of people who think they superior to everyone else and only there opinion is correct

Isn't that the nature of debate? :confused: Thinking people believe themselves superior because they disagree sounds very naive and precious to me.

I never said that you were naive. I said that your assumption, that other people disagreeing is them thinking they are superior, is naive. ;) A person doesn't have to be naive, in order to have a naive perception on certain subjects.

FM must be expensive for you then, have you thought about anger management classes? not for just your anger but to save you money?

But yes I tend to let out the odd shout at the game when I know I should be winning or when ive been robbed by referees who should have specsavers tatoed to their arse

Archived