Suggestion for FM10 - "Notches" or "Numbers" on the sliders.

With the debates raging every release about the sliders and clearly much failure to understand slider positions, a simple idea which might at least help people is to "see" the slider positions more clearly.

Have each position on the sliders numbered, or have a small marker (as already shown in the middle) for each notch on the sliders.

It's a suggestion that should be simple to implement as it would only require minimal "graphical" changes, but I believe it would go a long way towards helping people understanding slider positions.

We already are informed of whether the slider position is "short", "mixed", "direct" or "long", to use the passing slider as an example, I just feel that this idea would be a little additional help.

Clearly what doesn't help people looking for advice on the forums about slider positions is they get a variety of answers depending on how different people "view" the slider positions at present.

"Five clicks from the far right"

"Fourteen clicks from the far left"

"Four clicks right from the middle"

"Last click right of mixed before direct"

etc...

Far easier for the forum community and FM players to understand "notch 15" or "number 15" on the slider. Would also make slider use a tad easier for people to translate when reading the manual possibly, assuming people do still read the manual of course... ;)

Anyone else agree in principal with this simple idea?

NOTE: I'm hoping this thread doesn't end up as a debate on getting rid of sliders, or other rants, complaints - there's plenty of other open threads for that thanks. :rolleyes:

With the debates raging every release about the sliders and clearly much failure to understand slider positions, a simple idea which might at least help people is to "see" the slider positions more clearly.

Have each position on the sliders numbered, or have a small marker (as already shown in the middle) for each notch on the sliders.

Anyone else agree in principal with this simple idea?

I strongly agree in principle: even better would be for the value to be indicated beside the slider - this would allow be very easy to observe. It would also allow the potential for contextual descriptions besides each slider as a future development.

Nice idea: simple and effective. :thup:

It would also allow the potential for contextual descriptions besides each slider as a future development.

Those are pretty much already there already with descriptions for things such as the passing showing short, mixed, direct, long as you move up the slider. Pretty self explainatory, but the notches or numbers could enhance that.

jptykes - Thanks for the link. I may post it in the tactics forum to help those struggling to understand the number of "clicks" on sliders those of us posting tactics often instruct. That's one way to help those that agree with the idea and need it now. Also shows it's something that would be easy enough to implement :thup:

Archived