Your best save!

What's your best/most enjoyable save?

Mine:

I skipped to December (having started unemployed), and took control of a random team in the League 1 relegation zone - it ended up being the team in 21st, Swindon Town.

I quickly found the best talent there was Simon Cox, who could have played in the Premier League at that early stage!

Things were quickly turned around with a new man in charge, and at the end of the season, The Robins found themses in the play-off semi-finals, against Swansea, after sneaking in the back door of the play-offs on the last day of the season.

The tie at Swansea's ground was won 3-0, and the score back at the County Ground was 0-0, sending the Robins into the play-off final at Wembley, against Millwall.

It started badly for Town, going 1-0 down after just 5 minutes, and that was how it remained...

'till the 87th minute, when that man Cox popped up with the equiliser!

Extra-time brought nothing, so it went to penalties...

Which we won 4-3!!

The Championship awaited, and it looked like an uphill struggle, the media predicting us to be holding up the league by the end of the season.

No such thing.

With 5 games left, we'd already qualified for the play-offs, and finished 4th, coming up against somewhat of a bogey team, Hull.

The game at The Circle (apparently they'd moved from the KC!) finished with a narrow 1-0 win for the Robins, with new signing Soloman Kalou (he was SO hard to get!!) getting the only goal.

The game back at the County Ground finished 1-1, with us scoring in the 50th minute through Cox, and Geovanni scoring in the 85th, to give us some jitters.

No chance, and we qualified to Wembley, to play 3rd placed Plymouth.

It was heart in mouth time for the Robins' fans as Plymouth scored in the 30th minute, but ex-Hull Giannakopoulos scored an equilised in the 70th.

Again extra-time brought nothing, but it went to penalties...

Which we won 3-2!

(I should mention our cup run here, we got to the semis, before being beat 1-0 by Chelsea!)

So, the Prem awaited, and the fixture list couldn't have been any worse... Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Villa in the first 7 games.

We got 8 points from the first 7, and I'm still playing that season!

Onwards and upwards!

Impressive start to your Premiership season there :D

And in regard to your Hull City moving from the KC Stadium, The Circle is the actual name of that football stadium - the club has entered a sponsorship deal with Kingston Communications, resulting in the change from 'The Circle' to the 'KC Stadium'.

If I remember rightly, Arsenal play at Ashburton Grove in FM 07 (which is the real name of 'The Emirates Stadium')

Impressive start to your Premiership season there :D

And in regard to your Hull City moving from the KC Stadium, The Circle is the actual name of that football stadium - the club has entered a sponsorship deal with Kingston Communications, resulting in the change from 'The Circle' to the 'KC Stadium'.

If I remember rightly, Arsenal play at Ashburton Grove in FM 07 (which is the real name of 'The Emirates Stadium')

Aah, never knew that before :p

Archived