Qualification for Euro cup issue

In 2009/2010 i finished a respectable 17th in the Premiership(southampton football club) So was baffled to find myself in the Euro cup, on checking the teams history it said i had finished in 6th! although going back to the league table i clearly finished 17th with 40 points. Bug or other explanation?

Did you get a message saying that you had qualified through the fair play league? There is usually an end-of-season summary that tells you who has qualified for what and why. I'd say that the 6th placed finish is given because you qualified for Europe through the fair-play league, which would rank you 6th out of all teams. It does sound weird though, and at least part of it needs to be fixed. Try scooting over to the Bugs Forum, read this, and if you don't find a current thread, start a new one there.

Thats abit stupid.

I agree. The final league positions for the season cannot be found on this screen, instead you need to go 'history - competitions - domestic leagues (via a tab)'. I hope this is something that will be changed for FM10.

Archived