Missing transfer option.

Perhaps an idea for future versions?

An option to buy players and let them get loaned by the club who is the seller for another year.

This happens IRL a lot and certainly is something im missing now.

Just my 2 cents

Its not similar. As they wouldnt have him at loan a complete season afterwards. With the option to outloan a player the season after transfer at best it could save you up to almost 2 seasons of salary and even more important, 2 seasons of playing time at his old club while in fact he is already yours.

This is something big clubs use alot to sign players with great potential. The player, whos important at his club, will still be able to contribute to results, while his future club doesnt have to pay salary or have to let him play.

It's certainly illegal under current English Premier League rules - basically, clubs are not allowed to loan out a player in the same transfer window in which they signed them. I don't know about other leagues though.

It's certainly illegal under current English Premier League rules - basically, clubs are not allowed to loan out a player in the same transfer window in which they signed them. I don't know about other leagues though.

Im not sure about that. Adem Ljajic was bought from Partizan by Man Utd this january and isn't due to join the club until next january. Man Utd have obviously signed him because he has ben at carrigton and has met the players etc but he isnt due at the club until next january

I don't think your right there (depending on whether you are talking about Premiership to Premiership) for example the young Serbian striker who Man Utd bought and they have loaned back to Partizan.

bemerry65 beat me to it!

if its illegal in the premier league then Manchester United must have there own rules as they have done that during the january transfer window with 2 young players i think are from serbia

No its this way:

season 1: a transfer window: player is bought while player stays at club till the end of that season.

season 2: player is loaned out to his original club for that season.

season 3: player will leave and join his new club.

I think that you'll find that it's down to the wording and it also may only be allowed if the player is being 'loaned' back to his current club. I am reasonably sure that Ljajic was quoted as bought (he was pictured holding a Utd shirt) and that he was being loaned back to Partizan for the remainder of the season.

As far as I'm aware he's been signed with a future transfer date, and not signed and then loaned back to the club.

As has been said above, this has been outlawed AFAIK.

I'm not aware that this has been outlawed and I should be, if it was.

Also I see no reason as to why this shouldn't be allowed :confused:

I'm not aware that this has been outlawed and I should be, if it was.

Also I see no reason as to why this shouldn't be allowed :confused:

Because you cannot transfer the same player twice in the same transfer window.

A buy and loan back scheme falls foul of this rule technically.

Because you cannot transfer the same player twice in the same transfer window.

A buy and loan back scheme falls foul of this rule technically.

But why is a loan classed as a transfer? The players registration is still held by the parent club and so as his registration hasn't been 'transfered' to another club then there should be no issue surely?

Okay, just checked the FIFA regulations. There is no such prohibition of no two transfers in one registration window, as I suspected.

A player can be registered for a max of 3 clubs in one season and play for only 2 of them. Expections may even apply for countries with overlapping seasons. But no prohibition of two transfers within one window.

The suggested deal may count as two transfers (though you can as well circumvent it by agreeing this as a future transfer or talk to the league as the federal registration does not need to be transferred back and forth in practise), but that is just two and one club for which the player plays. Thus the loan back agreement could even be limited to 6 months and then the player could according to the FIFA regulations still move to his new club.

Archived