Swap bug!

My players always reject the other club when they are part of a swap deal so the deal always collapses. I strike up some good deals with clubs for my own transfer listed players as part of the deal who want to leave but they always reject the other clubs but they will always expect the other club if it isn't part of the swap.

For example i offered Arsenal £30 million plus Phil Jagielka for Carlos Vela which was accepted, Vela accepted my terms but Jags kept rejecting Arsenal. This must have happened 5 times and has happened other times in other deals with different players.

Then i just offered Jagielka to Arsenal for £10 million they accepted and he accepted a contract straight away and joined. If i want Vela i have to pay £50 million + now which is nowhwere as good as the deal i struck up.

No matter what happens, you can not force a player to leave and will the player should not be influenced by the deal.

What could be happening with your example is that Jagielka doesn't see the deal as good for his career as he may believe he will be stuck on the bench.

It is unfortunate but you may have to find a different route to getting Vela, good luck.

No matter what happens, you can not force a player to leave and will the player should not be influenced by the deal.

What could be happening with your example is that Jagielka doesn't see the deal as good for his career as he may believe he will be stuck on the bench.

It is unfortunate but you may have to find a different route to getting Vela, good luck.

I think the point he's making is that Jagielka was happy to join Arsenal in a cash deal, but wouldn't sign as part of a Vela swap.

Just missed the last sentence. Well that is odd then, probably a bug as I can see no good reason for the players decision varying on whether the deal was a swap or a cash deal. Could be that the contract offer was different on the two occasions but am not sure.

I note that you do this, but it works for me!....

Transfer listed him, put him in the reserves and offered to mutually terminate his contract. I have made him feel un wanted and he wants to leave. However he wouldn't leave as part of the Carlos Vela deal but left straight away once i made the deal cash only :confused:

Archived