AFC Bournemouth

I'm not sure if this is a bug (or could be just me) but everytime I take over AFCB at the start of the season you are expected to finish at least mid-table....

Considering that they start with -17 points its virtually impossible to do this, then I get sacked every time.

Its like the board havnt taken into account the deduction at all and there is no mention of it

What do you think?..........

:confused:

I'm not sure if this is a bug (or could be just me) but everytime I take over AFCB at the start of the season you are expected to finish at least mid-table....

Considering that they start with -17 points its virtually impossible to do this, then I get sacked every time.

Its like the board havnt taken into account the deduction at all and there is no mention of it

What do you think?..........

:confused:

Its not impossible, in fact i had the same expectations as yourself, and i managed to overachieve.

If the deduction is not taken into account for the expectations, it would certainly be a bug!

However, being unfamiliar with the quality of their side, I cannot tell whether a mid-table position seems about right even with the deduction taken into account or not... :confused:

It is taken into account, BUT this is because of the ambitious chairman i suppose. But everytime the real manager gets sacked half way through the season. In fact, in my current save, after getting sacked by Brighton early on the first season, i got a job there, where i spent 10 wonderful years there until i resigned after spending 6 years in Championship. Note to all you guys, Bournemouth are NOT a good team to be. I had a net profit of £13.5 million from sold players yet only just in the plus on the balance which just wasnt sustainable.

I did take over Coventry not long after, where i am in my first full season, top of League 1. Interestingly Bournemouth did get relegated last season so i purchased a few of the players, but lost on my first return there.

Archived