Database size???

Quick question for everyone regarding number of leagues, database size.

My current savegame I have ALL leagues from England, Scotland, N.Ireland and Wales installed and playable with a medium database. I started in N.Ireland and ended up in the English Premiership via the SPL.

I'm thinking of starting a newgame with ONLY the top division loaded and playable from the top 10 or so European nations. At most I will be running 10 leagues, although in ten different countries, which is less than the number of leagues available in my current savegame, across 4 nations.

Will this slow the game down much and what would switching to a 'small' database do/mean?

What are the specs of your computer?

I'm at work, so off the top of my head.

2GB Ram

AMD Dual-core 3000 (e.g. 6000)

The spec of my PC isn't really my question tbh.

My PC (regardless of spec) is in my present savegame, running with approx 13 leagues across 4 nations with a medium database. It's running perfectly well at a reasonable processing speed.

If I install LESS leagues, i.e. top division from ONLY 10 nations, but across MORE nations will it run slower/faster or much the same?

ALSO what difference to the speed and gameplay, does selecting a SMALL database at the start make?

Ah, I see.

Well, spreading the game over 10 separate nations would mean a number of things:

Obviously more players would be loaded as the squads of Spanish, English, and Italian teams alone are much larger than those in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, even with all the available leagues for the UK countries loaded.

The next thing to factor in would be the league and cup competitions. 10 leagues means 10-20 different cup competitions also as most of the top European countries have 2 domestic cup competitions. This may make the game slower.

As for the 'small' database, well I run the game on a MacBook and I can't say I've really noticed any major difference between 'small', 'medium' or 'large' in terms of speed. Obviously that's just what happens for me though.

Archived