Club rep and league rating

Hi

I found out that a teams Club Reputation (in fm2008) was connectet to its leagues rating (wich can be found in the data editor).

Because of this the Club Rep of my Brondby team fell from 6100 in the start of the game to 4000 in the start of season 5, even though i had won the league every year, the cup 3 times and reached the CL semi-final twice.

Does anyone know if this is the same in fm2009?

Does anyone know how a clubs reputation are connectet to its leagues rating? (eksampel: If the league are rated 12 (as the danish league is) what is the max rep that a club in that leagu can sustain?)

Really good post/question mate.

I would be really interested to know the answer to this too, as I'm having much the same problems with Rangers in the SPL.

Unfortunately, like a lot of good threads/questions on this forum it looks like your question may never be answered and the thread will die after just a couple of posts.

Would like to know the same. I'm managing in Portugal (Benfica) and it starts with a certain reputation (around 8400) which, despite winning everything, including UEFA cup, drops after the first season (to around 8000, or thereabouts). Does this makes any sense? Hardly. :-\

Second season I dominated again, incredibly winning the CL. The result? Reputation raised to 8650, or thereabouts. However, start of third season, it dropped again, to around 8450.

The results? After two extremely successful season, winning 2 European cups, beating the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and Inter, the club reputation only raised a few points. Does this make any sense? Hardly. :-\

I'm playing the third season and, apart from wondering if I can have success in the CL again (so far so good, I won all 6 games of the group stage and will face Palermo in first knockout round), what I'm really interested is in checking what will happen with reputation. It would be "great" if I manage to win the CL again and reputation stays practically unchanged. I wonder if, even if I manage to win 10 CLs in a row, reputation will ever reach Worldwide status (> 9000). :-\

These inner and non explained workings of FM are too obscure and, sometimes, quite illogical. :-\

These inner and non explained workings of FM are too obscure and, sometimes, quite illogical. :-\

As I've already said further up - "Unfortunately, like a lot of good threads/questions on this forum it looks like this question may never be answered and the thread will die after just a couple of posts."

I find it annoying tbh. When some threads containing absolute nonsense can run to pages long, before appearing again the following week.

Because of this the Club Rep of my Brondby team fell from 6100 in the start of the game to 4000 in the start of season 5, even though i had won the league every year, the cup 3 times and reached the CL semi-final twice

The reputation of the leagues obviously vary from country to country, but the reputation of one league does not change during the course of a game. The club reputations can change, but not the leagues (in itself, this prevents smaller leagues becoming more famous than others).

Why will your reputation have fallen from 6100 to 4000 since the start of the game? It is nothing to do with the Danish league becoming weaker. The reputation should have increased to coincide with your success, so I can't see how it will decrease by so much

I know my club rep has changed because i have checked this with an editor.

My own theory is that Brondby's initial club rep at 6100 is to high for a league with a rating of 12 (wich is the rating og the danish league) and therefore decrease no matter how succesful u will be.

It's therefor i was wondering if anyone know the upper club rep limit for the different leagues...

It's therefor i was wondering if anyone know the upper club rep limit for the different leagues...

Another interesting fact which I'd also like to know. At least one would stop thinking about reputation, since it would be unattainable.

So, from your experiment, I see that Ajax (LR = 14) should be able to reach World Status. Well, that, at least, gives me some hope that I can do the same with Benfica, since the Portuguese league has a Rep = 15. Now I only need to win several CLs...

This is where career games could be massively improved upon. By introducing dynamic league reputations. For instance, if im managing a team in the Macedonian league and regularly getting them into Europe and achieving success with them then the club rep should obviously rise, along with the league rep (slightly) due to my team bringing the attention to said league and therefore possibly enabling the other teams to sign higher profile/better players increasing competition and so on.

Is happened in real life, Italy used to be the top league in Europe, then Spain, and now its England. Would be a great addition for those who fancy starting obscure saves as a career, but as has been said earlier, the inner workings and calculations of the game are complex and closely guarded (for obvious reasons) so im not sure if or how SI could implement this properly.

So, from your experiment, I see that Ajax (LR = 14) should be able to reach World Status. Well, that, at least, gives me some hope that I can do the same with Benfica, since the Portuguese league has a Rep = 15. Now I only need to win several CLs...

Yes, infact a higher league reputation should allow a higher potential club reputation for your Benfica side than my Ajax team (although both classed as Worldwide). However this is with the assumption you win the CL every season - so good luck with that.

Is happened in real life, Italy used to be the top league in Europe, then Spain, and now its England.

Of course, within the game, they're all still right around each other in reputation and without using an editor, I doubt you'd notice any 'limitations' on the teams within those leagues. That's quite different than wanting, say, the SPL to become a top reputation'd league if a user manages to make one of their teams consistent European champions.

However this is with the assumption you win the CL every season - so good luck with that.

Yes, that's the tricky part. But I won it last season (probably due, in good part, to the amazing "Sexy Football" tactic) and I've a stronger team now (younger players are improving). Let's see what happens.

Yes, that's the tricky part. But I won it last season (probably due, in good part, to the amazing "Sexy Football" tactic) and I've a stronger team now (younger players are improving). Let's see what happens.

What formation is the 'sexy football' tactic and where can I get it?

As I've already said further up - "Unfortunately, like a lot of good threads/questions on this forum it looks like this question may never be answered and the thread will die after just a couple of posts."

I find it annoying tbh. When some threads containing absolute nonsense can run to pages long, before appearing again the following week.

And as if to prove my point....

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=110482

Someone who can't figure out how to arrange a friendly

BECAUSE....

He is playing in Dutch, but can't speak it so not sure which button on the squad screen is 'fixtures'.

There are 10 posts in that thread already, only 18 in here!!!!!

:confused:

The affect of league reputation on club reputation is both an interesting and controversial area. I set out to answer the question from the OP in an experiment thread i did on the CSE forum a while back. However i discontinued it due to a slight problem in my methodology and a general lack of interest in the experiment.

Im surprised to see that your club rep stays so high in a league with a LR of 14

As i mentioned before, my club rep fell dramaticly from 6100 to around 4000 in only 4 seasons with brondby. And the danish league has a LR of 12, so not so fare behind the dutch league.

Im surprised to see that your club rep stays so high in a league with a LR of 14

As i mentioned before, my club rep fell dramaticly from 6100 to around 4000 in only 4 seasons with brondby. And the danish league has a LR of 12, so not so fare behind the dutch league.

I spend a lot of my time managing Rangers in the SPL.

i) Whats the LR of the SPL?

ii) What is the club rep of Rangers at the start?

iii) What editor/program do ppl use to find this info out?

i can give you 07&08 stats , not 09

IIRC Scottish leage LR is somewhere between 12 and 14

Official editors give those ratings , just load data base and search for "Scottish" in "competitions"

In both games (and previous ones) LR was there to hammer reputation of middle league clubs. For example Bundesliga with a LR at 16 means that Bayern Munchen can never have same reputation with let's say Ossasuna ( given that the Basques win a couple of Primera titles) , in few words LR put a limit in your reputation.

In eastern Europe/Balkans clubs are also hammered by "developing" economic condition , that's why giant clubs like Chievo, Almeria, Stoke can buy players from Spartak Moskow for cheap (you can check this in the official editor searching for "countries" )

The high CR seen in the Dutch league can only be maintained with winning the champions league every season. So in reality, as this is unlikely, the CR of a top Dutch team will be quite a bit lower.

Another factor to consider (which i didn't in my experiment) is the CR increase from winning different competitions. So in your case, winning the Danish league (LR=12) will see a smaller CR boost than say winning the Dutch league (CR=14) or the Champions League (LR=20 iirc).

So playing in a smaller league kind of hits your CR twice; first you get less CR increase for winning it, secondly the affect of the LR pulls your CR down more than it would playing in bigger leagues.

i can give you 07&08 stats , not 09

IIRC Scottish leage LR is somewhere between 12 and 14

Official editors give those ratings , just load data base and search for "Scottish" in "competitions"

In both games (and previous ones) LR was there to hammer reputation of middle league clubs. For example Bundesliga with a LR at 16 means that Bayern Munchen can never have same reputation with let's say Ossasuna ( given that the Basques win a couple of Primera titles) , in few words LR put a limit in your reputation.

In eastern Europe/Balkans clubs are also hammered by "developing" economic condition , that's why giant clubs like Chievo, Almeria, Stoke can buy players from Spartak Moskow for cheap (you can check this in the official editor searching for "countries" )

Some good points here. This demonstrates the downfall of the current system; bigger teams from slightly smaller leagues can end up having less CR than average teams from slightly bigger leagues. And this is done purely through the affects of LR and little to do with how successful/unsuccessful the respective teams have been in the game world.

Archived