The (near) Invincibles

A few weeks ago I posted this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=102427&highlight=mastered

I was told my 22 game winning run wasn't enough of an achievement and to come back at the end of the season. I haven't been able to play much lately but today I finished off the season, this is the final league table:

seriealeaguetable.th.png

I also won the Coppa Italia, and in fact would have won the treble if not for this absolute travesty in the CL final:

barcelonavjuventusstats.th.png

That good enough for everyone or do you want me to go and win 38 straight in the league with a treble next season?

Really, you can't master a game using an already brilliant team. You master the game when you bring a team previously unplayable or in the lowest league of a nation possible to the top of their league and win it.

Actually, to master the game, take American Samoa to World Cup glory.

98064759.png

& i won the spanish cup, the spanish super cup & the CL.

the only reason i drew so many is because i train a lot of youth & push them thru & if i remember right the draws were made up of youth players playing the 20th, 19th & 17th placed teams in the table.

They weren't brilliant when I started, just a few top players and some decent youth players. Inter were also unbeatable, but now I've smashed them into dust.

Fair enough but you still had some foundations. I shall call the person who shows me that they took American Samoa to World Cup glory on an unedited database a legend.

Fair enough but you still had some foundations. I shall call the person who shows me that they took American Samoa to World Cup glory on an unedited database a legend.

cant do that. but i can show you rangers winning the euro cup :D haha

I should also point out I didn't go crazy with spending money, just the occasional 'galactico' and youth players to build for the future. In fact in the first season I didn't realise you could adjust the transfer budget so I got by on old timers and loans, got into the CL. I got Ronaldo for £27m, which is a steal compared with his RL value. Adebayor I got for less than £10m. Traore I got on a free despite Roma wanting to pay £20m+. Dean Ashton I plucked from obscurity at West Ham and made one of the top strikers in the world. The youth players I have carefully harvested could also dominate for years to come, as it stands I could not spend a penny for years and still be on top.

A few weeks ago I posted this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=102427&highlight=mastered

I was told my 22 game winning run wasn't enough of an achievement and to come back at the end of the season. I haven't been able to play much lately but today I finished off the season, this is the final league table:

seriealeaguetable.th.png

I also won the Coppa Italia, and in fact would have won the treble if not for this absolute travesty in the CL final:

barcelonavjuventusstats.th.png

That good enough for everyone or do you want me to go and win 38 straight in the league with a treble next season?

This was FM08, right?

I'm going to go back to my FM08, and do the exact same thing.

IT WASN'T DIFFICULT.

FM08 was so easy, it was hard to believe.

Nice one mate. Dropping 1 point all season is quality! You do seem a good manager. ;)

Two points actually but who's counting...IIRC it was a last minute equaliser away to Livorno, who as you can see actually went down. Perhaps all that good luck that was used up that gave me all the bad luck in the CL final?

No, I've had enough of this game now, there's no challenge to it any more. I will see if I get the England job in the summer. If not I may start a new game but I reckon I might be finished with FM08 now...

1st season with Altrincham in the BSP and thus far...

P:38 W38 D:0 L:0

Won Conference League Cup and am in the final of the FA Trophy.

Knocked out of FA Cup in the 4th Round by Arsenal 4-1... only defeat of the season, having beaten Buxton, Scunthorpe (replay), Darlington and Colchester (replay) to get there.

No cheating, no editors, or pre-match saving, etc... just hours searching for players at the start of the season, a good overall tactical approach and LOTS of attention to detail. Taken me about two weeks and I've still not quite finished the season! :D

Screenies available if required, but having just done a very detailed and HUGE post in the T&T forum, my eyes hurt & I'm off to bed now, so you'll just have to wait! ;)

I should also point out I didn't go crazy with spending money, just the occasional 'galactico' and youth players to build for the future. In fact in the first season I didn't realise you could adjust the transfer budget so I got by on old timers and loans, got into the CL. I got Ronaldo for £27m, which is a steal compared with his RL value. Adebayor I got for less than £10m. Traore I got on a free despite Roma wanting to pay £20m+. Dean Ashton I plucked from obscurity at West Ham and made one of the top strikers in the world. The youth players I have carefully harvested could also dominate for years to come, as it stands I could not spend a penny for years and still be on top.
Plucked from obscurity at West Ham? Gertcha

lol, i won the champions league with Burton Albion, but no, well done, you wont the Serie A and CL with Juventus, now what is it you want from this post?

Also how did you find Dean Ashton at that tiny club, i think you called West Ham :rolleyes:, what did you mean by obscurity?

lol, i won the champions league with Burton Albion, but no, well done, you wont the Serie A and CL with Juventus, now what is it you want from this post?

Also how did you find Dean Ashton at that tiny club, i think you called West Ham :rolleyes:, what did you mean by obscurity?

Well if you have unlimited time to spend and a computer fast enough to fly through the seasons then I'm sure it is possible to take ShittyClub FC from the South West Turnip Premier to winning the CL but unfortunately I have neither of these. Silly me, I had this crazy notion that managing to only drop two points all season and nearly sweep the board clean would be recognised as some sort of achievement, what was I thinking? I'm sure that when Arsenal went unbeaten a few seasons back or when Man Yoo won the treble the managers of Rossendale Utd and Bamber Bridge went 'huh! That's nothing, just you wait a few seasons...' FYI I have done lower league games on this and other FM/CM but I thought I would accelerate the process a bit due to the constraints above.

When I say I took Dean Ashton from obscurity, what I meant was before I signed him he was just another run of the mill premiership striker, I made him into top scorer in Serie A with an average of 8.11, striker of the season & runner up for player of the year, not to mention a regular international which is not bad for a player who'd never won a bean nor played in Europe before. Sorry, I guess I should have signed some no marks from the Indonesian basement division and made them world class?

It's not Man Yoo and no I hate United. Yeah it's a pretty good achievement doing all of that but with a big team it isn't amazing. Gloating over it makes you look like an idiot but whatever. Congratulations you won the league, cups and everything with Juventus who will always be classless **** but how about this? Try bringing up a team from the Serie C2 or BSN and do the same. I seriously don't see the point of this thread. We might be more impressed then. And for anyone who wants to rage about me trolling I don't care ;)

Well if you have unlimited time to spend and a computer fast enough to fly through the seasons then I'm sure it is possible to take ShittyClub FC from the South West Turnip Premier to winning the CL but unfortunately I have neither of these. Silly me, I had this crazy notion that managing to only drop two points all season and nearly sweep the board clean would be recognised as some sort of achievement, what was I thinking? I'm sure that when Arsenal went unbeaten a few seasons back or when Man Yoo won the treble the managers of Rossendale Utd and Bamber Bridge went 'huh! That's nothing, just you wait a few seasons...' FYI I have done lower league games on this and other FM/CM but I thought I would accelerate the process a bit due to the constraints above.

When I say I took Dean Ashton from obscurity, what I meant was before I signed him he was just another run of the mill premiership striker, I made him into top scorer in Serie A with an average of 8.11, striker of the season & runner up for player of the year, not to mention a regular international which is not bad for a player who'd never won a bean nor played in Europe before. Sorry, I guess I should have signed some no marks from the Indonesian basement division and made them world class?

At what point did i say i spend endless hours on it and flew throught, it was the only game i played in 08, took near on twelve months of on off playing, and you do you need to take the pi** out of a team bacause they are in a low division, all teams have to start somewhere, just was making a point that its not a great achievment to take Juve to heights, i mean look at the squad you start with?! Even if you had done it with Genoa etc would have been a great effort, but Juve? C'mon mate, not a huge deal to be proud of is it

At what point did i say i spend endless hours on it and flew throught, it was the only game i played in 08, took near on twelve months of on off playing, and you do you need to take the pi** out of a team bacause they are in a low division, all teams have to start somewhere, just was making a point that its not a great achievment to take Juve to heights, i mean look at the squad you start with?! Even if you had done it with Genoa etc would have been a great effort, but Juve? C'mon mate, not a huge deal to be proud of is it

Why am I taking the 'pi** out of a team in a low division'? Is it not a fact that in the great scheme of things these clubs are somewhat insignificant? You must have spent hours and hours on it - even if you got successive promtions it still would've taken you a minimum of 6 seasons from BS Premier to winning the CL, and I would guess at least ten, so unless you're going to tell me you threw your squad together and didn't bother with any detailed tactics which I find highly unlikely if you're the masters of the game you are purporting to be, then clearly what you wrote is a load of absolute crap. So if Claudio Ranieri won practically every game next season IRL you wouldn't be impressed? Or perhaps the news wouldn't reach that high up your ivory tower?

To all the people who were gracious enough to recognise my effort, thanks. To those who pointed out their own achievements without being condescending t***s like some of the above, well done to you. And as for the rest of you 'snobs', I'm sure with your immense footballing brains you can try channeling a mere fraction of your cognitive powers to something less important than a football management game to try and figure out what I'd like to say to you - it is a phrase which sounds like 'duck cough'. Goodnight.

To all the people who were gracious enough to recognise my effort, thanks. To those who pointed out their own achievements without being condescending t***s like some of the above, well done to you. And as for the rest of you 'snobs', I'm sure with your immense footballing brains you can try channeling a mere fraction of your cognitive powers to something less important than a football management game to try and figure out what I'd like to say to you - it is a phrase which sounds like 'duck cough'. Goodnight.
I refuse to believe you're calling people snobs after basically branding West Ham an obscure team.

Ibrahim you went unbeaten in 2012(4 years game time) with the 2nd best team in Italy whilst another dude went unbeaten with Wimbledon AFC in 2018 (11 years game time). Now the latter probably had to build his squad 5-6 times and probably hardly had first dibs on TOP players, whereas with Juve you could buy near enough anyone if you have the money and with the game being in 2012 you probably still had some of Juve's better players in your side. Your Achievement is good but it isnt excellent.

And we're not talking about RL we are talking about the game.

I refuse to believe you're calling people snobs after basically branding West Ham an obscure team.

:thup: Anyways still what do you want us to do? Congratulations you won some silverware with the Old Hag on FM. But we all know Juve will always be **** in RL except for De Ceglie and Buffon.

I personally believe the OP has cheated at some point down the line, and has probably had a sneaky click of the "Load Game" button more than once I wager. I just feel the game is too open to "freak results", ya know the ones, you batter the opposition and they nick it, you get an early red card and lose, you lose 3 - 0 despite the opposition having 4 attempts at goal, 3 on target, 1 CCC and you having 20 odd attempts etc..... it happens to every body.

I am currently in the BSS, have a really good team, (all orange stars according to Ass Mans report) and i'm top of my league. P 36 W 23 D 9 L 4. And thats playing very well, and using a strong tactical set so I can adjust depending upon the situation. At the end of the day though you cant stop the freak results and its what makes the game so realistic and fun IMO.

I'd bet my house on the fact he has loaded ATLEAST once.

I personally believe the OP has cheated at some point down the line, and has probably had a sneaky click of the "Load Game" button more than once I wager. I just feel the game is too open to "freak results", ya know the ones, you batter the opposition and they nick it, you get an early red card and lose, you lose 3 - 0 despite the opposition having 4 attempts at goal, 3 on target, 1 CCC and you having 20 odd attempts etc..... it happens to every body.

I am currently in the BSS, have a really good team, (all orange stars according to Ass Mans report) and i'm top of my league. P 36 W 23 D 9 L 4. And thats playing very well, and using a strong tactical set so I can adjust depending upon the situation. At the end of the day though you cant stop the freak results and its what makes the game so realistic and fun IMO.

I am not saying he has been cheating or any other for that matter.

However, I have always lost at least one game in each season for the very reasons you say... All the way back to the very first edition of CM. And I consider myself to be a pretty experienced and good CM/FM.

PS I have never played past 5 seasons in any version of the game.

I don't think so. If you look at the records thread, you'll see it's at 119 games - and you need proof to post there.

Personally, I've went 3 seasons unbeaten in all competitions on '09, only ending because I resigned. And if you check my tactic thread you'll see another couple of people unbeaten.

I don't know why some people are so quick to condemn others. Even if they're right and the person has cheated, why bother commenting - as their 'fake moment' is worthless to all but themselves.

I don't think so. If you look at the records thread, you'll see it's at 119 games - and you need proof to post there.

Personally, I've went 3 seasons unbeaten in all competitions on '09, only ending because I resigned. And if you check my tactic thread you'll see another couple of people unbeaten.

I don't know why some people are so quick to condemn others. Even if they're right and the person has cheated, why bother commenting - as their 'fake moment' is worthless to all but themselves.

Sorry if i've offended.

However, feel free to enlighten me, how can somebody prove if they have or haven't loaded? If there is a way, then I retract my statement and thats simply fantastic, lets give the OP a chance to prove those 'evil condemners' wrong. If there is real proof as you say then I apologise.

I see only three explanations:

A) These people are doing the sneaky load from time to time just to keep these fabulous records in tact.

B) There is something fundamentally wrong with the game, as people get further into the game they are building super squads and the AI arent competitive enough to keep up and challenge the user. I certainly dont think these records are attainable in the first few seasons atleast based on my experiences.

C) I'm rubbish at the game and i'm the only one who experiences these 'freak results'.

I personally think the ME conspires from time to time and decides you are going to lose.

hehe I'm about to start 2028/2029 :p

I always loose interest after max 5 seasons, then I'll take a break or start anew. I have always been like this in all games. I like building things up - once achieved I lose interest.

But good complishment, mate.

Pretty amazing stat. I have never achieved it in 17 years of CM/FM, even in old games where I beat most sides 5-0 or more. I have always been encounted by an unlucky defeat somewhere down the road, and I took it for a AI adjustment - maybe it isn't so.

Kert, please don't take my post personally as I didn't post with you in mind or with any intended malice. And as this is just a game there's no need for you to retract your statement, whether you want to or not :thup:

Of course, you're correct about the proof thing. I can't imagine people being as childish in their actions as you suggest, but I know in truth you're correct and I'm wrong.

All I'm saying is, having went unbeaten for so long myself, and other people doing the same, I don't know why someone should be called a cheat - without any benefit of the doubt from us. If someone told me they were unbeaten for 10 years and had won every trophy and were on here bragging about it I'd just think 'what a loser' and move on; I wouldn't even bother posting. In this instance I find Ibrahims experience the same as my own, therefore I choose to trust him. If my trust is misplaced it won't hurt me.

Hope that makes some sense.

Sorry if i've offended.

However, feel free to enlighten me, how can somebody prove if they have or haven't loaded? If there is a way, then I retract my statement and thats simply fantastic, lets give the OP a chance to prove those 'evil condemners' wrong. If there is real proof as you say then I apologise.

A) These people are doing the sneaky load from time to time just to keep these fabulous records in tact.

B) There is something fundamentally wrong with the game, as people get further into the game they are building super squads and the AI arent competitive enough to keep up and challenge the user. I certainly dont think these records are attainable in the first few seasons atleast based on my experiences.

C) I'm rubbish at the game and i'm the only one who experiences these 'freak results'.

I personally think the ME conspires from time to time and decides you are going to lose.

Whatever it is, you and I have the same experiences. I have still managed to win 99.99% of all my games(not matches) down the road, but never flawless no matter how great the tactic have been or how great my team was.

Maybe it is just a case of B, where the differences get too big - I already see them in 2009 and I am only starting my 4th season(won PL with good margin, but managed to lose to Sunderland and Everton away from home and a few draws).

Sorry if i've offended.

Of course there is no way to prove it but if he wanted to cheat wouldn't he had done so in the first season?

Of course there are freak results. As I posted earlier I'm about 20 seasons into the game and I have struggled (3 seasons in League Two where I just couldn't push forward) and recently I have struggled. After AFC Wimbledon I decided to take a pop at the Italian league/ However didn't want any top 4 team so went for mid table Fiorentina. We have a decent to good squad but we're never consistant and seem to loose/draw games in the last couple of minutes. So I do understand where you're coming from.

I always loose interest after max 5 seasons, then I'll take a break or start anew. I have always been like this in all games. I like building things up - once achieved I lose interest.

But good complishment, mate.

I do have other side games but always get itchy fingers to play the career game as I have worked so hard on it (started as sunday league footballer in the lowest division). But I know what you mean. You want to play with real players and not players called Miguel Angel Gonzalez Gonzalez :p

Vet, I don't think I've won many games by as much 5 -0!! LOL. And my tactic set is quite conservative - I do draw quite a few games; so a lot of you guys might net more points than me and score more goals. If you gave it a try you'd see what I mean.

It was very successful at club level, but I managed Italy for two years, including a World Cup, and it wasn't very effective at all :( I don't know if that's because the players don't have the same understanding/connection with each other or not.

Archived