From the top to the bottom

Just a quick question regarding your careers. Has anyone ever reached the top in FM (winning everything, or doing really well) and decided to go back down to grassroots football to start over again? I'm thinking of doing this in a few seasons time, if my local team's job becomes vacant. Imagine a world and European cup winning manager at both club and international level managing in the BSP!

i did this in an old save and it makes the LLM a lot easier because you can attract a higher calibre of free transfer players to your squad when you have a nice reputation under your belt as opposed to starting out as a sunday league footballer with no experience managing before

ive played the last 4 FM versions and have always been liverpool in a save, have won lots of silverware but have never quite been good enough to win everything in one year.

would be a bit of an eyeopener managing a lower league side tho. everytime a "7"finishing striker missed i would say- "torres would have scored that!"

Has anyone ever reached the top in FM (winning everything, or doing really well) and decided to go back down to grassroots football to start over again?

I'm still working on getting to the top from the bottom for the FIRST TIME!:D

I've done this - left it all to try and make Rugby Utd a force in world football.

It was an absolute disaster and I moved back to the premiership as my reputation was tanking.

I do it regularly - but not to such an extent - i've just left Bournemouth as Champions League winners for a team in the dutch first division.

If it's a success i'll give league one a try...

Archived