Apealing sending offs

Nobody think this is weird

No.

Why did he get the red card? Without that information all we have to go from is the inconclusive sentence 'replays may have got the decision wrong'. So if replays are not definitive, then it's more than possible that the red card was justified.

And unless it is absolutely, certainly, conclusively incorrectly given, a red card will always stand. Just as in real life.

Peter-evo:

I really don't understand that last sentence in the screenshot, always confuses me.

Which confuses you? The final sentence on the first screen shot is saying that video replays don't really prove one way or another. As newspapers etc. have a tendency to side against referees, the wording is sympathetic to the manager.

The final sentence of the second screen shot is simply saying that there was no evidence to suggest that the decision was incorrect so the card and suspension stands.

If the replays are not definitive then how can the FA decide whether or not to remain silent?

Surely if the FA are silent over your criticism then the decision must have been wrong. If not, what hope do we have in the in game "replays" are getting the decision wrong.

Has anybody ever had a red card rescinded? Is it even a feature in the game?

Because the benefit of the doubt goes towards the referee, who is there in the middle of the action, who has the job of making those decisions. Replays are often inconclusive, no matter how many cameras catch the action. And occasionally it is a subjective call where it's the referees judgement.

Red Cards can be rescinded. But don't use a media message to decide if you should. Look at the incident and the match report. Just because the FA are silent doesn't mean that an absolutely wrong decision has been made. It means that there isn't substantive evidence either way, so they're going to back the people employed to make the judgement calls. If there was conclusive evidence then you'll get fined or the card will get rescinded. A lot of calls made by officials are based on their judgement of the situation, and one of the most important means of keeping discipline during a game is the concept that the referees word is final. So the FA are going to maintain that stance.

I think I saw a screenie of it ages ago, but it is extramly rare. The decision must be 100% conclusivly outrageous and then will need a whole truckload of luck on the side. It should happen at the same ratio as real life, but it doesn't.

i have allways appealed for a red card never got it recined on fm2009. I gues what the last sentences "that the replay may show that they could of got it wrong" meaning that some/some views or part of the rplay suggest that they could of got it wrong but because we cant see the replay ot have an actual human to judge it instead of an AI means that the FA are allways going 2 back the ref

Yes, while it may be described as "harsh," it is an offence that the player can be sent off for. The FA are right to backup the referee in this case. They probably didn't punish you because of the nature of the offence - depending on the situation a lot of people feel this is a yellow, although strictly speaking it should be a red.

Archived