Thinking of getting a new pc

Obviously you need to meet the minimum specs which for Vista are 1GB of RAM and a 1.6GHz processor I think.

That is the minimum though so at least 2GB of RAM would be recommended with probably a 2.0GHz processor.

However the more the better.

It depends on your budget and how many leagues you want to run.

If you are not planning on running many leagues then the fastest dual-core processor you can afford would be best, if you are planning on running many leagues then a quad-core may be better - from my understanding the extra cores on a quad core only come into play when there are enough matches taking place at the same time. Your budget would come into play here - a dual core processor is likely to be cheaper than the same speed quad-core. (Though the new Intel Core i7's are suspossed to be good, but are more expensive).

RAM the more the better, 2GB-4GB should be fine, anything above 3/4GB and you'd need a 64-bit Operating System. The more RAM the more leagues you can run and the more programs can run in the background with FM. (If you already have a computer you can try selecting all the leagues you want to play, then look in task manager to see how much RAM is used and get more than that).

Graphics card wise if you want to run the 3D match engine pick something that is above the min. spec, though I think about any recent non-onboard graphics card should run FM run.

A good hard-drive would make some difference as well.

The most important things are RAM and processor, 4GB of RAM and the best processor you can afford should set you up fine.

As has been said, it's really all about your budget. Any 2Ghz+ dual core processor pc with at least 2GB of RAM and a decent (relatively new) graphics card preferably not on-board will run FM fine. Be aware that any RAM over 3.5GB will not be recognised by your O/S unless you are running a 64bit O/S. You should really consider what else you are going to want to use the pc for. If it's for games other than FM then you should look more closely at what minimum specs they require as in reality FM is not the most draining game on the market on a pc's resources.

Hi, im thinking about getting a new pc and was wondering what things to look for so that FM runs quickly on it. Eg which processor to get, how much ram etc.

Any PC you buy today even bottom of the range at a new retail spec will be enough to run FM but as others have said a good dual or quad core processor and at least 2 gb of ram and you are sorted

i have 2.8ghz DC proc. and 3 gb ram and mines is cool

Hi, im thinking about getting a new pc and was wondering what things to look for so that FM runs quickly on it. Eg which processor to get, how much ram etc.

Any PC you buy today even bottom of the range at a new retail spec will be enough to run FM but as others have said a good dual or quad core processor and at least 2 gb of ram and you are sorted

i have 2.8ghz DC proc. and 3 gb ram and mines is cool

Archived