Your avin me on!

I recently lost to a goal I thought was off-side. On watching the replay I saw it wasn't, but I still complained to the media saying it ruined our game. But the FA said nothing. Numerous times I have lost to goals that are actually offside and been fined for complaining, but why, when it wasn't offside, did they say nothing?

I think I read a post where someone scored when they where 10 or 20 yards offside and they were fined for complaining. I don't watch replays so I don't get a second view in the match.

Originally posted by The Smudge:

It is a pretty useless option if you ask me when there is actually no way of knowing if some goals are on or offside due to what you can actually see.

I always thought that it was pretty pointless complaining. It does seem to affect the players attitude towards you through their PR.

ALSO on the ingame commentary it will normally say "did that goal look a bit dubious?" and when this has been said, i've never recieved a fine. Don't bother slagging ref's off anyway...

the dubious goal thingie comes up at least 2 or three times in a match and sometimes you have actually scored a screamer with the 4 defenders between you and the goalie. It's annoying...

I usually don't complain about the ref as all it seems to do is get you banned or reprimanded by your own club

I think this option could be better only if FA would do something rather than just "silent over claim". Maybe it's true that most of the time FA tend not to do anything about it; yet they do ban referee sometimes.

Originally posted by Klimowicz:

in the good ol' days, you could complain about a referee and he wouldn't would take charge of his next scheduled match with your team if you were right. i think.

referees are very generic in this game, i don't even pay attention to whos reffing.

sorry for the dp, had to clear that up.

I think they should bring back the options to coomplain about a ref and request match postponements like they used to. You could complain at any time, even in the middle of the off-season, and they'd still say "they have to agree with the ref in this case". And bring in the match postponement, I had three key players on international duty with cyprus for my first game of the season.

I too remember the good old days when you could complain about referees. I think that should be implemented into FM09. I think that referees in general should have more of a role in the game. Maybe we should be able to see his stats, or 'honours' list which shows major tournaments he's been involved in. Would also like to see assisstant referees implemented as it is, after all, their decision to flag for offside or not.

A further option to run down the touchline and shove his flag where the sun don't shine would also be welcome.

Originally posted by Klimowicz:

in the good ol' days, you could complain about a referee and he would take charge of his next scheduled match with your team. i think.

referees are very generic in this game, i don't even pay attention to whos reffing.

I remember I saw a ref get sacked a couple of times in 01/02, I think (or it might have been 00/01)

It would be nice to be able to make a comment about a side that have been very dirty. On a number of occasions I've had the opposition get 6 yellow cards. Maybe this would make referees watch them more closely in future. This could be added to manager interaction.

Also to say to a manager that you think they can win the league as well as the surviving relegation one. And you should be able to view the chairman stats. They say you can't because some were offended by the stats they got. If thats the case, why do players get stats? I mean, I'm sure they too, and coaches aren't happy about there stats in the game.

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

I remember I saw a ref get sacked a couple of times in 01/02, I think (or it might have been 00/01)

It was a bit of a cheat, there was no limit on how may times you could complain about the ref after a game so if you did it five times in a row he would get sacked, whether it was fair or not icon_wink.gif

Well, you wouldn't complain about a ref who gave you two penalties and sent three opposition players off, now would you.

And I thought if a club got three players sent off the match was abbandend. But I once had four players sent off and the game continued.

Originally posted by jsolloso:

Personally the worst feature on this game. No matter how obvious it looks the game will stick by it's decision irrespective. This is one fo the key things that ruins the game.

Um..... this thread is about the game not sticking with it's original decision. It hardly ruins the game, if you ignore the media then nothing happens.

Ryan,,, it's abandoned if over 4 players are sent off i.e. 4 is the maximum.

Archived