Tips to make the game run faster!

Right, i have a laptop with 4 GB of RAM with all the latest technology stuff two intel cetrino 2 processors.....

But my game runs quite slow, so i thought, what makes the game run fast for you?

What little things can you do with the preferences and options?

Go to Task Manager, find "fm.exe" in the Processes tab, right-click on it, and set the Priority to "high." I haven't tried it, but I heard it speeds the game up. I don't know what repercussions it might have on the other processes running though.

If you're on vista, running the game in compatibility mode with XP is meant to improve the speed of the game.

Also, ticking the 'threading' box in preferences helps with multi-core processors :thup:

what do you mean by ticking the threading box ??

ahmufcwafc

How do you do that 'xp compatibility' thing you mentioned mate?

Right-click on your FM 2009 desktop shortcut and go to the "Compatibility" tab. Tick the option "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows XP" from the drop-down menu. :thup:

Hi can anyone help me regarding Readboost. I read the link but am having problems understanding how to activate it and exactly its use.

Cheers

1) You need Vista for this

2) You need a memory stick for this.

If you have both, then plug your memory stick in, go on to 'Properties' and then, click Readyboost and select the amount of memory to use from the memory stick.

You need a large memory stick BTW.

I have 2GB RAM and 4GB on the USB drive :)

Played a season of 08 last night in 5 hours (6 leagues , large DB and massive retain players DDT)

Did you use 'Only Commentry'?

If so, then it is understandable but if not, then that is fast.

1) You need Vista for this

2) You need a memory stick for this.

If you have both, then plug your memory stick in, go on to 'Properties' and then, click Readyboost and select the amount of memory to use from the memory stick.

You need a large memory stick BTW.

Going to buy a big pen drive soon anyway so that I can take FM to school with me and play during my free time in IT. Will be a good idea to do that I reckon.

can anyone tell me the difference between "dual core" and "core 2 duo" please, always wondered what the difference is :)

Core 2 Duo is the Intel brand for it's multi core processors. Dual Core is the technology of having 2 cores on a single processor. AFAIK.

Right-click on your FM 2009 desktop shortcut and go to the "Compatibility" tab. Tick the option "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows XP" from the drop-down menu. :thup:

What does this do?

But which is better?

There's only one way to find out...

If you mean which is better, Intel or Athlon then I believe it comes very much down to what sort of process you are doing. If I had to put my neck on the line I would say Intel.

I'm running Vista and have just looked into ReadyBoost, but still don't really know how it works, does it act as extra ram?

I'm using a laptop with 4GB RAM on a 32 bit Vista OS, and have a 4GB memory stick handy - will using ReadyBoost improve my system performance, or will it be the same due to the limitations on the 32 bit OS, where it only effectivly uses 3.5 GB RAM or thereabouts?

On the 'Game Options' menu, go to 'Detail levels', and change detail level to 'minimum' on both dropdowns. If you want you can customise each competition if you want a specific league or cup in full detail.

Much quicker with minimum for everything though.

Please excuse my ignorance, but does the game have to be stored on your USB to use the ‘readyboost’ feature, or does it just treat the USB memory like extra RAM?

Readyboost isn't a FM2009 feature, it is a Vista feature.

So, to answer your question, the game should be stored on your hard drive as normal, not on your USB. The extra memory provided by Readyboost will not just benefit your FM2009 game, but also any other memory demanding applications running on your Vista system.

I have just tried to do this,but in my drop down menu i don't have xp option.i have windows 95,windows 98/windows me,windows NT40 service pack 5 and windows 2000.Yet my operating system is windows xp.Can anybody help as i don't understand.cheers

I have just tried to do this,but in my drop down menu i don't have xp option.i have windows 95,windows 98/windows me,windows NT40 service pack 5 and windows 2000.Yet my operating system is windows xp.Can anybody help as i don't understand.cheers

You can't set compatibility mode to Windows XP because you are already running it. This mode is for effectively changing what OS the application runs 'in'. So if you're on XP you don't need to do anything.

You can't set compatibility mode to Windows XP because you are already running it. This mode is for effectively changing what OS the application runs 'in'. So if you're on XP you don't need to do anything.

Cheers mate.I am not realy that clued up where computers are concerned!

Go to Task Manager, find "fm.exe" in the Processes tab, right-click on it, and set the Priority to "high." I haven't tried it, but I heard it speeds the game up. I don't know what repercussions it might have on the other processes running though.

Just a note - on dual core laptops this could possibly overheat the processor, because for some reason the auto-temp-control thing sometimes seems to ignore apps that are on High priority.

And on readyboost, you will see no improvement with 4GB of RAM (if you were on vista lol)

Archived