Semi Pro to Professional

Does anyone know how it is decided that your club becomes professional ? I've just taken Dumbarton into SL1 with a very healthy bank balance but there is no sign of the clubs status changing and I cannot see further progression being possible without the change.

im not sure exactly but when i played as FCUM i won the BSN and before the season when i was set to play in the BSP the board decided to make us professional so maybe you just have to get high enough up the league pyramid

It can happen in two ways.

The board decides to do it - based on criteria including reputation, funds and to a lesser extent, more criteria.

The other way is if your team gets promotion to a league that requires teams to be professional.

Have just clinched the BSP title with Altrincham and looking forward to league football next season. All my players are on pro contracts, along with the staff. Only person not on a pro contract is me!!

Fingers crossed the club will decide to go professional ahead of it's first foray into the Football League, whilst offering me a new professional contract with better terms at the same time :)

Archived