Real life features, not in the game

There are several things but some should not be in the game imo despite them happening in real life. Things that happen in real life but not in the game include:

Fan Brawls

Streakers

Match Fixing

Drugs

Players getting injured in warm-up

Players getting in trouble for assault

There are many more as well. Note I am not saying that I want these features in the game. Infact I don't want most of them.

Managers able to get upset on the touchline and be sent off.

It could be done...you could have a 'swear at the ref' button that you could click when you think a dodgy decision has been given. Yes, I am being serious...sort of. For ages I have wanted the ability to influence games in not only via a substitution but in a manager's morale way. Real managers can shout from the touchline that they think their players need to do better. Vice versa, players will know when their manager is annoyed with them. Sometimes a team talk can not come quick enough.

Talk to a player when you sub him on! Why this has never been put in ill never know.

Wouldn't giving him tactical instructions be the equal? If you sub on a player who you want to have an impact in the game why not give him high CF? Or a free role? Or if you want him to play safe then give him rarely on everything and low CF..

I want to see fickle supporters who damn a manager one week and then forget the damning and worship him a week later. Fickle supporters who follow the gospel because it sounds good.

The supporter's spokesmen in the game are far too happy to be real supporter's trust members.

Trust me, this is true. I support Bournemouth

Managers being able to tell their substitutes to sit down and put there coat back on, nothing annoys me more about this game than the fact that once you've clicked that "confirm" button you can't cancel your changes.

I agree your level going into the final minutes and change to three up front, replacing one of your defenders for a striker looking for that breakthrough but then you score and have to settle for 3 at the back and 3 up front. Then what happens...

You concede:mad:

Too many times I've called for a sub, then a few 'minutes' later the ball goes out of play, the opposition make a sub, but my subs don't change, and it has taken that long once that the player I had selected to ceome off in the 54th minute, in the 63rd minute he conceded a penalty, even though there was around 4-5 breaks in play for me ssubstitutes to change.

Too many times I've called for a sub, then a few 'minutes' later the ball goes out of play, the opposition make a sub, but my subs don't change, and it has taken that long once that the player I had selected to ceome off in the 54th minute, in the 63rd minute he conceded a penalty, even though there was around 4-5 breaks in play for me ssubstitutes to change.

If you still have a .pkm of a match where that happens, I bet they'd like to see a copy of it in the Bugs Forum....

definitely agree, just happened to me, my was changing a striker for a defender, after i confirmed, the ball went out 6 times, meanwhile my striker took a knock, gave the ball away just outside MY area and they put it in for a 2-1 win, now im not saying that this would not have happened anyway, but they guy who lost it would not have been on the pitch!

There are numorous already on there, inlcuding 2 of mine as it is a common and well know bug ....

If that's the case, then it really doesn't belong in this thread, does it? I mean, all the OP wants is suggestions for r/l events that are missing from FM, not ones that are supposed to be there, but aren't, because of bugginess...

If that's the case, then it really doesn't belong in this thread, does it? I mean, all the OP wants is suggestions for r/l events that are missing from FM, not ones that are supposed to be there, but aren't, because of bugginess...

I beg to differ, the original suggestion (by myself anyway) was that we would to able cancel tactical changes before they're enforced, after we've clicked confirm. I wasn't asking for any bugs to be fixed because I wasn't aware there was one, it still stands as a valid suggestion as far as I'm concerned.

For example I'm drawing a must win game 0-0 so I decide to throw on an extra striker and go 4-3-3. I click confirm and I'm now commited to making that change. Say the next time the ball goes out of play is my team putting it the back of the net, I'm now 1-0 up and certainly don't want to play attacking football anymore, I want to revert back to a 4-4-2 and hold onto my lead but I can't. IRL I could easily tell the substitute striker to sit down because I've changed my mind.

Erm...

I think IRL when you want to make a sub you have to inform the fourth official. This would be the 'confirm' button I think in the game.

Once you've informed the fourth official I don't think you can withdraw the decision.

Anything before that (asking the player to warm up etc) then yes, you can change your mind.

I seem to remember a Liverpool game this season, can't remember which Liverpool player was about to come on, but one of the onfield players picked up a knock. Fourth official is about to hold up his board to make the sub when Rafa Benitez comes running out of the dugout waving his arms, the substitution wasn't made and a different player was brought on.

I also remember a situation similar to the one in my post before in a Man Utd game, Tevez was all set to come on and Utd scored, Tevez sat back down.

I seem to remember a Liverpool game this season, can't remember which Liverpool player was about to come on, but one of the onfield players picked up a knock. Fourth official is about to hold up his board to make the sub when Rafa Benitez comes running out of the dugout waving his arms, the substitution wasn't made and a different player was brought on.

I'd love to see that. :D

(Rafa waving his arms that is)

Erm...

I think IRL when you want to make a sub you have to inform the fourth official. This would be the 'confirm' button I think in the game.

Once you've informed the fourth official I don't think you can withdraw the decision.

Anything before that (asking the player to warm up etc) then yes, you can change your mind.

Tuesday night, Fratton Park, 0-0 with Hiddink about to put Di Santo on. He was stripped off, stood by the touchline with the fourth offical waiting with the board ready. Drogba scores and Di Santo sits back down, five minutes later Mancienne comes on instead. Thats exactly the situation people here are complaining about, myself included.

I think if it is sorted it should effect the moral for the player who didn't get on. Di Santo must have been ****ed off though, not only did he not get a game but the minute or so he stood waiting to come on he must have got absolutely soaked through as well, not happy times.

Managers being able to tell their substitutes to sit down and put there coat back on, nothing annoys me more about this game than the fact that once you've clicked that "confirm" button you can't cancel your changes.

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday actually. I annoys me that once you've clicked that confirm button that is it! No other option but for the player to come on. I made a substitution yesterday in my Villa game and the player that I chose to substitute ended up scoring a 30 yard belter just after I had confirmed the substitution, obviously I wanted him to stay on to avoid upsetting him or lowering his morale but because this option is not available there was nothing else I could do but sit there and deal with it. I think this feature should be seriously looked at for FM2010.

OK, I can understand what you guys mean, but how would you realistically want to implement it in the game?

Do you want the game to ask you "Do you want to change your mind?" everytime the ball goes out of play? Because that could be irritating for some.

To go back to the OP on pre-contracts, I think if you renege on a signed contract you are probably untrustworthy and not a person who lives up to your word. If you change your mind after signing a contract in most other professions you would probably get in trouble.

Therefore, the moral is, think carefully before signing anything.

the easy way to fix it would be to revert to the old system, can't remeber which version it changed in 07?, "although its not realistic" where you press the tactics button and then the game stops at the next opportunity for a change to be made. People might complain that you don't pause IRL but seems better to me this way

OK, I can understand what you guys mean, but how would you realistically want to implement it in the game?

Quite simply, at present once you click "confirm" the bit at the bottom that usually reads "Team X Tactics" changes to "Making Changes" and is unclickable. Instead change it so the button reads "cancel changes" and can be clicked up until the changes are made.

Do you want the game to ask you "Do you want to change your mind?" everytime the ball goes out of play? Because that could be irritating for some.

How about just a simple cancel button in place of the awaiting changes text where your teams tactics usually are during the game?

the easy way to fix it would be to revert to the old system, can't remeber which version it changed in 07?, "although its not realistic" where you press the tactics button and then the game stops at the next opportunity for a change to be made. People might complain that you don't pause IRL but seems better to me this way

I'll actually prefer this one, where the changes happen immediately after you click confirm.

I mean it does let you cancel them if there is an injury of a sending off because it goes automatically to the tactics screen and then you can cancel any previous changes, therefore I guess it is not hard coded that changes can't be cancelled after it is confirmed

Archived