Problem with starting FM

Out of the blue one day, just before the .3 patch was released for FM 09, my game just wouldn't go on anymore. Everytime I click it, the following message comes up

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

I only got the chance to say okay, and the game never loads up. Anyone got any idea what's going on wit this?

Nope it's not working, dunno what the problem is, I un-installed it and re-installed it. Didn't take the product key off though, you think I should and then re-install it with the product key?

I doubt that'd make much of a difference.

Basically think I'm getting somewhere with this, un-installed it and now re tried it with Uniloc, so I'm just downloading the patches as we speak. Question for you guys, is it really worth downloading 9.0.3 patch, or should I just stop at 9.0.2? Just I've saw a lot of problems on that patch written on the forum, just wondered what the score is.

Any help much appriciated.

Basically think I'm getting somewhere with this, un-installed it and now re tried it with Uniloc, so I'm just downloading the patches as we speak. Question for you guys, is it really worth downloading 9.0.3 patch, or should I just stop at 9.0.2? Just I've saw a lot of problems on that patch written on the forum, just wondered what the score is.

Any help much appriciated.

I would say the 9.3.0 patch is definitely the one you want. IMO, there were far more annoying bugs in 9.2.0, hence the need for a 3rd patch.

FWIW, I wouldn't pay too much attention to people whinging about bugs on here, for the most part, you are unlikely to notice many bugs and if you do, it is likely that they are not game breaking. If you read too much into what people say on here about bugs, all it does is make you look for bugs whilst playing the game and you don't get the enjoyment out of it that you really should

I would say the 9.3.0 patch is definitely the one you want. IMO, there were far more annoying bugs in 9.2.0, hence the need for a 3rd patch.

FWIW, I wouldn't pay too much attention to people whinging about bugs on here, for the most part, you are unlikely to notice many bugs and if you do, it is likely that they are not game breaking. If you read too much into what people say on here about bugs, all it does is make you look for bugs whilst playing the game and you don't get the enjoyment out of it that you really should

yes people reports bugs on here and its likely they may never occur in your own game

Fair point lads, I'll bear that in mind and install all three patches, thanks for the heads up guys.

You don't need to install all 3 mate, just 9.3.0. That includes the fixes from all previous patches as well

Getting sorted in anyway, up to 30%. Dunno what happened last night mind, un-installed it, put it back on with Uniloc and it just worked, didn't have a clue what happened, didn't have to put in the code or anything.

When you uninstall FM, you get the option to choose whether you want to deactivate the licence for that computer. If you choose "No", then I don't think have to put the code in when you reinstall. If however, he chose to deactivate it but he still didn't have to put the licence in, then something has gone wrong :confused:

Archived