Work Permits

Has to have played 75% of his countries international matches over the last 2 years. Or something similar

I normally find you can get them on appeal if initial one is turned down. I think exceptions can be made for players who show lots of promise as well.

Work permits are only required in the UK and Ireland.

Non-EU players need them. To get them they need to have played in 75% of internationals in the last 2 years played by their nation and the nation must be one of the top 50 in the world. The figures may be a little out but it is something like that.

You can appeal the decision and if the players has a big enough reputation they get the work permit even if they don't meet the rules above.

To avoid needing a work permit a player needs an EU nationality so if you have a work permit feeder club then you can sign them if they are ineligible and move them there on loan. They may be entitled to a work permit at a later date, so you can try offering them a contract to see at regular intervals. Once they gain EU nationality which they will after a certain amount of time (3 years in Belgium for example) when on loan then they will not need a work permit to be eligible.

Hope that helps. :)

EDIT: Watching the Man United match at the same time made me slower typing this. :D

Even if the initial work permit is rejected, just appeal. Sometimes the players will be given conditional work permits - under what kinds of conditions, I have no idea. Like what hmufcwafc said, there's a "degree of random-ness."

Archived