What is the difference between the different coloured scouting stars?

• 6 months later...
I'd like to know more about this myself. Anyone have a definitive answer on this? Thanks

Definitely compares the player to the best player who plays in his position.

I think they also take the season objective into account when dishing out stars (99.75%) sure about that.

What bison said. Bardock's wrong, and it definitely compares to the standard of your squad.

I'm pretty sure it compares the player to what you've already got taking the season's objective into account.

Maybe I've got it all mixed up when it comes to player or squad because of how the scout report is filled out. You know 4 stars there isn't too much difference between ____ and _____.

Still though I'm pretty sure the season objective is taken into account. At least tell me I'm right about that, otherwise I've been basing my strategy on yet another fallacy.

Interesting. I am also under the impression that a star in Europe is worth much more than in the US, say a two-star European player would be a four-star in America. Correct?

Depends on the team. The American teams are better than some european teams but for example a two star player that just came through my reserves in my liverpool team would be perhaps a 4 star player in an american team, similarly a four star player in a small european team may become a 2 star player in an American team. Its compared to the standard of the team and i beleive the standard of the league, or at least the teams league ambitions.

Archived