FM 2009 - Buy or not to Buy

Despite buying all versions of the FM series over the last 10 years, I still haven't bought FM09 yet.

Would really appreciate some honest feedback about whether or not this latest update is worth getting (think the size might push my PC to the limit)

I am still quite enjoying playing FM 08 (with data update)

buy, i had CM4 for my old Dell computer and was addicted, i loved it, just after christmas i decided to treat myself to the new game with my GAME vouchers, and guess what, i'm addicted again! It really is fantastic, i advise anyone that likes football to buy it

Mine runs quite well on 2GB of Ram, with an Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2330 1.60GHz.

This is a laptop as well by the way.

Got a 3.8 Windows Experience Rating too. Think that is a Vista feature only.

I say you should get it, making sure you are on 9.3. I recommend Steam as well as they will auto-update for you as well, and it is generally quite good, despite the first day troubles causing people to hate it, which is unfair, as the game is massive popularity wise, everyone got it on release day and they partially caused the crash of the Steam thing for Football Manager when activating the game.

Get the demo first to check your PC can handle it. But don't judge the game based on that - the ME has changed dramatically and it way way better.

Also check you've got the latest Direct X software and your graphics card drivers etc are all up to date.

There are a few people who think the game is pants, but if you've played the others it should be easy enough. If you WANT to enjoy it you will. If you enjoy finding fault with things you'll find fault with the latest game.

Personally, I'm really enjoying it, and the only real faults I've seen I probably wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't on the forums so often.

Brilliant game, worth every penny.

btw, just a computer spec question, im thinking of getting a laptop so i can do college work on it but everyone knows the real reason is to play FM at college on it :D anyway, what is the difference between dual core and core 2 duo?

cheers :)

Archived