Why is my new signing ineligible!?

I'm in January 2014 and I've just signed Ben Sahar on loan from Porto until the end of the season. However I've played 3 games since signing him and he's been inexplicably ineligible for each one! He appears to be available for the reserves and there's nothing on his profile to suggest why he's not allowed to play in first team games so I have no idea what the problem is.

Any thoughts?

Oh yeah I'm with Southampton in the Premiership sorry.

Southampton in the Premiership? Now that's a bug. :eek:

Sorry, being serious now. It does sound like some sort of a bug has crept in. What are the three games you have played? Are they cup games or league games?

My suggestion would be to visit the bugs forum and post the issue there with a save game added to the FTP file.

I don't know if it's the same thing...

But, I signed a chap named Madrigal (I think) and he was ineligible to play for me because he was apparently "out of contract" right after I had brought him for 1.8 million pounds. I continously offered him new contracts which he accepted and on numerous occasions I got the message in my inbox stating that he had signed a new contract. But it never showed in his profile and he was permanently ineligible, so eventualy I released him on a free transfer.

Btw this was while playing on FM 2009 patched to 9.3.

Perhaps he has already played for another team this season? A player is only allowed to play for two teams in one season. For example, I signed a young midfielder, he had played for his original team, then when he came to me he played in one or two games off the bench, then someone wanted to loan him, and away he went. After a while I went to check on him, and he was marked as ineligible as he had already played for two different teams in one season.

what happpens when you hover the mouse of INE?

Problem solved! Just did this and its because he can't play for more than 2 teams in one season, can't believe I never thought of this! I'm gonna blame my assistant for recommending I sign him though :(

Thanks!

Archived