The calender view - a civil request

Having played in English leagues the abreviations used in the calender view are pretty much as you would expect, but in France the abreviations are really annoying. Teams get abreviated to the numonic of the full club name which ends up being a jumble of constanants & vowels, eg St Etienne (full name AS St Etienne) becomes ASSE, where St Et would be better).

Maybe this is a cultural thing and in France that is how they would abbreviate?, but it's really confusing & annoying.

BTW the fact that this is my first negative Post, minor as it is, about FM09 for some while shows how much I am lovng it right now!

If that's the way they are abbreviated in France, then keep the abbreviations for the French language versions. But I'd agree that St Et would make much more sense, so it seems logical to ensure the abbreviations make sense in English when playing the English language version of the game.

Thats the actual way that they do it for real

Thanks for the clarification, I was wondering that. I would prefer the logical abreviation but appreciate that if it said St Et in place of ASSE then someone would say that was un-prototypical - fair comment I suppose.

Archived