becoming a sir....

Dont know if its been mentioned before or is already in the game, but it would be a nice gimmick to be knighted for service to football in the game. Opinions?

I would certanly like it in the game. I don't think its in the game but i doubt SI would add this

But only the British can be knighted...

Yeah, I know...

As an aside, in FM06 I had a massive regen who was born in land-locked Nebraska. After he won the Golden Boot, I gave him a nickname reflecting the "fact" that the Nebraska legislature had voted him an Admiral in the Nebraskan Navy (an actual honour, BTW).

Yeah, but they can't be called Sir, only British people can

yeah this would be great feature although like other people have done..you can be the queen yourself and simply alters people nicknames

This got mentioned a few months ago and i agreed with it, but most other people said it was stupid and has no place in the game as its not directly linked to football.

glad people like it though its definatly you would aim to win isn't it?

Just another idea for people who are full of themselves to become more high of themselves. If you are that pompous of yourself, just change your nickname to Sir XXX XXXXXXX.

:D

In that case then, for my acheivements with the "mighty" Altrincham I should now be...

Sir Heathxxx CBE, DBE, GBE, KBE, MBE, OBE, Freeman of Altrincham & Generally Great Bloke, whilst also considering that possibly they will form a new religeon based upon the general worship of my excellence, building shrines in my honour and have rows of scantily clad priestess' sprinklink rose petals before me as I walk to the dugout. For this worship, I will perform "miracles", such as "The Beating Of Northwich Victoria By One Injury Time Winning Goal To Nil". They will write songs about me, build statues of me and name buildings, even countries after me when I'm gone....

They also might consider appointing me Chancellor of the Exchequor, given my superb handling of the clubs finances.

Ahh... it's amazing what consuming large quantities of alcohol does for one's self-esteem. ;)

Originally Posted by Sky:

Since you can have stadiums built in your name...... it only makes sense

you can!??!??!

Therefore my ground would be...

The Sir Heathxxx CBE, DBE, GBE, KBE, MBE, OBE, Freeman of Altrincham & Generally Great Bloke, whilst also considering that possibly they will form a new religeon based upon the general worship of my excellence, building shrines in my honour and have rows of scantily clad priestess' sprinklink rose petals before me as I walk to the dugout. For this worship, I will perform "miracles", such as "The Beating Of Northwich Victoria By One Injury Time Winning Goal To Nil". They will write songs about me, build statues of me and name buildings, even countries after me when I'm gone... *pause for breath*... Stadium.

:D

Yeah, I know...

As an aside, in FM06 I had a massive regen who was born in land-locked Nebraska. After he won the Golden Boot, I gave him a nickname reflecting the "fact" that the Nebraska legislature had voted him an Admiral in the Nebraskan Navy (an actual honour, BTW).

:D :D

It should definitely be Sir Jim Gannon. Despite the fact he's Irish, I assume he'd qualify due to being born in Southwark?

Nah, what's he ever done?! ;)

Made you go bust, that's what :o

Archived