Starting as Semi-Pro Unemployed Question

Hey...

I am about to load up a game on my Macbook and start as unemployed with Semi-Professional set as past-experience. What I am wondering is what kind of leagues can I expect to get a job in? I am considering having the following leagues loaded:

England (Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, BSP, BSN/BSS)

Scotland (SPL)

Spain (La Liga, Liga Adelante)

Italy (Serie A, Serie B, Serie C1, Serie C2)

Germany (Bundesliga, Bundesliga-2, Liga-3)

France (Ligue 1)

Holland (Eredivisie, Jupiler League)

Belgium (Jupiler League)

Austria (Bundesliga)

Denmark (SAS Ligaen, Viasat Divisionen)

Poland (Ekstraklasa)

Portugal (Liga Sagres)

Russia (RPL, RFD)

Sweden (Allsvenskan, Superettan)

Norway (Tippeligaen, Adeccoligaen)

Switzerland (AXPO Super League, Challenge League)

Argentina (Primera A)

Brazil (Brasileirao, Taca de Prata)

USA (MLS)

... and I am also considering adding the following leagues but not fully made up my mind yet:

Turkey (SuperLig)

Croatia (1. HNL)

Romania (Liga 1)

Serbia (Meridian SuperLiga)

Mexico (Primera Mexicana)

I'd just like to know what of the above leagues it will be possible for me to get a job in as semi-pro.

Also will the above configurations run ok on a Macbook.... I had a similar setup (probably about 5 leagues less and it ran ok)

Yeah the last 2 times I did it I got a job as Cambridge City in BSS (this was on 08) and Sao Jose in the Brazilian Serie C (this was on 09). But I don't fancy starting off in England again and I defo don't fancy having the frustrations of no games for 5 months as it was in the brazillian serie c lol! I kind of want to be in Europe somewhere, now I'm not sure if that will mean me having to load more lower leagues.

it wont matter because with all those leagues loaded your probaly have to start again after 3 seasons. It will get super slow.

I've done 3 seasons before with similar leagues loaded and it was fine. If it starts going slow I'll just transfer it to my PC which is much faster.

I've done 3 seasons before with similar leagues loaded and it was fine. If it starts going slow I'll just transfer it to my PC which is much faster.

I've applied for a job in practically every league and the only leagues I get offered a job in are Blue Square North/South. Last time I did this I got a job in Brazils Serie C which has a league rep of 8, so I presumed I could get a job in any league with league rep of 8 or lower but it says I have zero chance of getting any jobs.

Anyone know why this is?

Your macbook will struggle to run all those leagues, particuarly when you get further in the game. If I am going to a long term game I run fewer leagues and it is fine - but the macbook does struggle when I get 4 or 5 seasons in as it is processing more and more stuff

Your macbook will struggle to run all those leagues, particuarly when you get further in the game. If I am going to a long term game I run fewer leagues and it is fine - but the macbook does struggle when I get 4 or 5 seasons in as it is processing more and more stuff

I know what you mean, I doubled my memory though so hopefully it will be ok. I've holidayed to Xmas in one evening so that is quick enough for me.

Still only job offers I am getting is from BSS/BSN teams... I even got laughed off for an amateur job in Poland, times are bad lol!

6 Months on and still no job offers. Think I am going to start again and scrap some leagues like Serbia & Croatia and add the bottom leagues in the Scandinavian countries, I should defo get a job then!

Like has been said it is going to depend upon your nationality above all. As an English manager you will probably get jobs in the Blue Square South/North or Ireland and Wales, but you'll be lucky to get continental jobs. France is a definite no go as of a post I saw saying how French clubs want French speaking managers (something programmed in by SI to go with the real world where managers need French).

The one area of Europe where you will get jobs as an English manager is Scandinavia, especially Sweden and Norway. Problem is, looking at the leagues you are loading, you aren't loading Swedish and Norwegian leagues low enough.

If you started a manager that was Eastern European then you would probably get an Eastern European bottom division job. I started a Hungarian semi-pro manager and got offered jobs as Jaszbereny and Bekscaba (spellings). In a later games I started as a similar Hungarian manager, but with International experience, and got a job in the Slovenian first but was regularly turned down by British clubs.

You're going to need more lower divisions I think. As a British semi-pro loading that list I think you'll only stand an outside chance of jobs in the Italian C2 and the Swiss Challenge. If you don't want BSS/N that is. As you've said above, starting the lower Scandinavian leagues will get you a job just like that. Whether you'll get any enjoyment from it is up to your temperament. Low wages, poor players and many seasons to gain enough reputation to jump up the leagues is what it amounts to. Of course many enjoy that, and I've had fun with it myself. I played Norway and had fun but I found Sweden drier and gave up. Don't choose an amateur club unless you're really in it for a long haul.

You can always start as an international manager and set your own reputation by not applying for/turning down bigger jobs that you feel you wouldn't get. It may mess up the player's reaction to you but I never really felt it was significant.

What is needed is for SI to add more levels of experience. Something in between pro and semi-pro at least. The pro level is far too wide a band, meaning anything from a Premiership player not quite good enough for the England team to a player playing at clubs struggling to stay in the league each year.

Cheers for the advice anagain, it was very useful!

I restarted loading the lower leagues in the Scandinavian countries and I got a job straight away with FC Rosengard in Swedish Division 1 Sodra.

Archived