What happened to one on ones?

Since 9.3.0 my players never seem to get one on one with the goalie anymore. I am still winning just as many games as I was pre 9.3.0 as well as scoring as many.

The difference is that goals seem more spread around the team now which is ok I guess but my strikers score no way near as many as before and very rarely get in a one on one position with the GK. This is annoying as I have most of my strikers trained to go round the keeper and a few on placed shots which doesnt really seem to benefit them anymore as most goals are smashed in from a far or from corners.

So was just wondering if other people have experienced this or not? Its not really that much of a problem as im still winning so im not really complaining!

i do know what you mean. i seem to have hardly any one on ones with the goalie anymore. most of my goals come from midfielders scoring long shots or getting on the end of a cross. strikers just cant seem to score very much. but yet on my hoffenheim save ibesivic had 9 goals in 9 games. i dont really understand it.

I'm assuming it's my tactics, but in my experience with 9.3 my strikers aren't really getting many 1v1's either; however my wingers are usually tearing down the line and going alone against the keeper, leaving my strikers in prime position in front of the net should a pass or deflection come their way. My wingers are set to balanced mentality, mixed forward runs and runs with ball set to often.

Vagner Love got 26 goals in 33 games for me on my man city game on 9.3.0.

Not quite the same, but I'm managing in Portugal and Vagner is playing for Benfica and has scored 18 goals in 12 games in the League. Then injury struck and he's been out for about 3 months now.

Thank God, as he was killing me everytime!

Archived