Sending Young Talent Out On Loan

Hi,

I have just signed an 18 year old Brazilian Goalkeepe (he is a regen), and according to both my coaches and my scouts, he has some brilliant potential.

He is not ready for my first team at 18 and probably won't be for at least 4-5 years I wouldn't think. Because of this I want to send him out on loan to a lower league club (I am currently Leeds United in the Premiership in 2016), but because of him just joining the club it has put off any clubs from bidding.

Would it not be a good idea to be able to interact with the player and tell him that you want him to go out on loan to get first team experience in order for him to become ready for my first team?? It is just a little frustrating that I have to have him sit in my reserves, or risk playing him in my first team.

Obviously telling a player you've just signed that you want him to leave on loan for a few years could be slightly upseting for the player, but surely if you set him up with a loan move to a local club it wouldn't be too bad.

This is a bit of a rant, but I wanted to get it off my chest. Anyone know of anyway I could get him out on loan? or has anyone ever had any similar experiences?

alot of the time your youths do be too good for your feeder clubs. id like to see improvements made here also

Glad someone else thinks so.

Anyone know how long it is before clubs are willing to make loan offers for him, and I stop getting the message saying that because he is new at the club teams are not willing to make an offer?

Sorry to hijack this topic, but if your feeder clubs are not in an active league, do they still improve as well as they would if it was in an active league?

As far as I know, the player still gets games. Stats will be generated, but they won't be in as much detail compared to stats for a player who has gone on loan to a team in a playable league. They do still improve though. Hope that makes sense.

From my experience it is a bit random as to whether you can loan a young player out immediatley. This season out of five players I bought and then immediately offered out on loan three of them got offers and went on loan whilst the other two wouldnt because they had just signed.

My advice would be to have him listed for loan until jan by which point he should have got over not wanting to leave and you should be ok.

From my experience it is a bit random as to whether you can loan a young player out immediatley. This season out of five players I bought and then immediately offered out on loan three of them got offers and went on loan whilst the other two wouldnt because they had just signed.

My advice would be to have him listed for loan until jan by which point he should have got over not wanting to leave and you should be ok.

What were the nationalities of those you tried to loan out?

I'm thinking that a domestic player may be more willing to go out on loan earlier than one from abroad. Possibly.

If he's that good and young, he won't really mind going out on loan. I've sent out two young players both to Championship on one of my games. They didn't seem to mind!

I think that he would be more willing to go to a Championship side. I only have three feeder clubs as listed somwhere above, and probebly the most attractive of them is Wrexham who are in League One. I have requested a new feeder team and because of how long I have been at the club they let me choose what type, so I have requested a 'National Loan' feeder team in the hope that my board come back with a decent Championship side.

Fingers Crossed.

i could use some advice too, i want to loan out one of my regen strikers, always moaning he isnt getting a game, because i already have 4 better strikers, but he is according to the coach report, a good striker for most league 1 teams, league 2 is the bottom of my database leagues, and he's only 18, advice?

i could use some advice too, i want to loan out one of my regen strikers, always moaning he isnt getting a game, because i already have 4 better strikers, but he is according to the coach report, a good striker for most league 2 teams, league 2 is the bottom of my database leagues, and he's only 18, advice?

Have you tried offering him to clubs or moving him to an affiliated club?

At 18, a couple of years out on loan would be brilliant experience if he isn't ready to get into your squad yet.

Leeds united doesn't have Leeds under 19 ? Put him there .

Its got an u18 team. He has turned 18 now and is in my reserves. My reserve team are in the reserve league, but I have always been of the opinion that a player will get better experience by playing for a senior side in a league. I maybe wrong.

Have you tried offering him to clubs or moving him to an affiliated club?

At 18, a couple of years out on loan would be brilliant experience if he isn't ready to get into your squad yet.

i asked the board months ago for a feeder club, its still greyed out, i've set him for loan, hamilton just came in, but he rejected that, but i'll keep trying, as he really does look a great prospect, and deserves first team football

Archived