My assistant thinks 'Pettey' will be world footballer!

He is putting in good performances, and although he's already 26, his attributes could still be improving.

... He said (Inzaghi my assistant manager) ...

Filippo Inzaghi? The man who was said to be born in an offside position? Man, he's a legend :D

Filippo Inzaghi? The man who was said to be born in an offside position? Man, he's a legend

Damn straight. The guy can't kick for crap, isn't that fast can barely dribble, can't hold off a defender and is the most unlikely athlete but you don't score that many goals for nothing.

i dont know why ac milan hold onto some of their players at such an old age. i know theres the fact they are legends and so respected at the club but inzaghi and maldini time to let go

in inzaghis case he can still come on in the 80th minute and poach 2 goals in important games when the brazilians arent getting it done and thats why milan keeps him around :p

After all Inzaghi has done for Milan (won them their last CL) he can stay as long as he wants. Besides, other than Pato he is the best they currently have.

He only won that game for milan because the ball rebounded off his face for the first goal.

The second goal was the work of Kaka, Inzhagi needed only one touch, and i can imagine his relief when he did not mess it up.

in inzaghis case he can still come on in the 80th minute and poach 2 goals in important games when the brazilians arent getting it done and thats why milan keeps him around :p

Mmm, I'm a Portmsouth fan...

He is putting in good performances, and although he's already 26, his attributes could still be improving.

Filippo Inzaghi? The man who was said to be born in an offside position? Man, he's a legend :D

I reckon he was CONCIEVED in an offside position!

I reckon he was CONCIEVED in an offside position!

hmmm let's see.... He is the Champions League all time top scorer, one of the few (if not the only) who has scored in any competition he has played in. The CL was 1 example of hundreds when his goals were decisive. He scores a goal about every 2 games, mostly in big games.

Granted he has average technique, gets a couple offsides for each goal he scores, and can barely trap a ball .... but that means nothing when he can do the most important thing regularly - score. he will score anyway anyhow, whether the ball is rebounding off his body, or he has to touch it with his leg body and head before he puts it in like he did against Bayern in the CL knockouts.

Oh, and he also scored all three goals for Milan yesterday. Not too bad, don't you think?

hmmm let's see.... He is the Champions League all time top scorer, one of the few (if not the only) who has scored in any competition he has played in. The CL was 1 example of hundreds when his goals were decisive. He scores a goal about every 2 games, mostly in big games.

Granted he has average technique, gets a couple offsides for each goal he scores, and can barely trap a ball .... but that means nothing when he can do the most important thing regularly - score. he will score anyway anyhow, whether the ball is rebounding off his body, or he has to touch it with his leg body and head before he puts it in like he did against Bayern in the CL knockouts.

Oh, and he also scored all three goals for Milan yesterday. Not too bad, don't you think?

Er no he's not! unless you are talking purely from an AC Milan point of view.

Don't get me wrong he's one of those players that when you watch him play you think how on earth is he playing for AC Milan/Juventus then after doing next to nothing he'll be in the right place at the right time and score two against you which come off his backside and knee.

Er no he's not! unless you are talking purely from an AC Milan point of view.

Don't get me wrong he's one of those players that when you watch him play you think how on earth is he playing for AC Milan/Juventus then after doing next to nothing he'll be in the right place at the right time and score two against you which come off his backside and knee.

I stand corrected - He is the 3rd top scorer in the CL, but top in all European club competition after breaking Muller's record:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=615364.html

He is nowhere near a superstar, but he can score goals just as good as anyone, which is amazing considering he has average skill

I stand corrected - He is the 3rd top scorer in the CL, but top in all European club competition after breaking Muller's record:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=615364.html

He is nowhere near a superstar, but he can score goals just as good as anyone, which is amazing considering he has average skill

I wasn't trying to put you down pandemonium, just thought that I'd point it out. He has the gift of being in the right place at the right time and that (I believe) is not something that can be taught but must be natural. No-one can knock his record even though they may be able to knock his style!

I wasn't trying to put you down pandemonium, just thought that I'd point it out. He has the gift of being in the right place at the right time and that (I believe) is not something that can be taught but must be natural. No-one can knock his record even though they may be able to knock his style!

Don't worry, no offense taken :)

Now on topic - He has pretty good stats even tho he does not have very good attributes - so I think he is a perfectly legit candidate, although irl the high rep players tend to get all the glory

Yes, he plays for a low profile team, he's got average stats and, presumably, a very average repuration. He's hardly set the league on fire with his performances (which are decent but not amazing), so I think it's definitely a bug of some sort, but I can't remember whether it's been raised before so it's definitely worth a search and possible thread in the Bugs Forum. Let me know if you need this thread moved into there.

Archived