Unrealistic

Yeah man United do actually have masses debts due to the glazers loaning so much money just to buy the club.I know we have been succesful but this will creep up on us for real like it has in your game

i never get the form of ronaldo in real in the game so i always sell him to real madrid as they come in with offers ranging from 30-50m.......This is also sometimes to save Man united from debt..the chairman are very stubborn with their funds

The "Big 4" are totally unrealistic in FM09. Arsenal are too strong, Chelsea are a joke, Liverpool prob do the best from the "Big 4" and one Fergie retires, Man Utd employ a succesion of high profile managers to no avail (as witnessed on a friends PC).

After playing for 20 seasons as Man Utd manager, (so from here on they do not count in my point although they did so on my friends game), Chelsea have been relegated TWICE and are currently languishing in the bottom half of the Championship. Abramovich is still chairman, Scolari sacked, BUT the avarege age of their squad is 32. They have 3 first team players NOT over the age of 30. Their manager is a complete joke; he has many stats well below 10 on almost all of his managerial stats. (on mine and my friends game!!!) :thdn:

Liverpool do well, Benitez is STILL the manager and they have won trophies under his controll. They are not great but probably the only team that is as close as real life as poss. (again on both games (mine nad my friends)) :thup:

Arsenal do REALLY well, but considering their final Premiership placings over the last few years IRL, they are hugely over-performing. (again on both games) :confused:

This only leaves Man City. Mark Hughes is still manager after 20 seasons. He has spent ridiculous amounts of cash and are now THE team to beat. The only un-realistic problem with them is that the buy in a player for £x amount then DO NOT play him for about 2 years, then sell him for half the amount they paid, THEN, a few seasons later they buy back the player for £"stupid amount" and leave him rot in the reserves. AGAIN!! :thdn:

Realistc or not?

The "Big 4" are totally unrealistic in FM09. Arsenal are too strong, Chelsea are a joke, Liverpool prob do the best from the "Big 4" and one Fergie retires, Man Utd employ a succesion of high profile managers to no avail (as witnessed on a friends PC).

Who's to say that, when Ferguson retires, they won't getthrough loads of managers? Charlton had Curbishley, for a long time. But when he left they stopped doing aswell and got through loads. Reed, Dowie etc etc.

After playing for 20 seasons as Man Utd manager, (so from here on they do not count in my point although they did so on my friends game), Chelsea have been relegated TWICE and are currently languishing in the bottom half of the Championship. Abramovich is still chairman, Scolari sacked, BUT the avarege age of their squad is 32. They have 3 first team players NOT over the age of 30. Their manager is a complete joke; he has many stats well below 10 on almost all of his managerial stats. (on mine and my friends game!!!) :thdn:

Liverpool do well, Benitez is STILL the manager and they have won trophies under his controll. They are not great but probably the only team that is as close as real life as poss. (again on both games (mine nad my friends)) :thup:

Arsenal do REALLY well, but considering their final Premiership placings over the last few years IRL, they are hugely over-performing. (again on both games) :confused:

This only leaves Man City. Mark Hughes is still manager after 20 seasons. He has spent ridiculous amounts of cash and are now THE team to beat. The only un-realistic problem with them is that the buy in a player for £x amount then DO NOT play him for about 2 years, then sell him for half the amount they paid, THEN, a few seasons later they buy back the player for £"stupid amount" and leave him rot in the reserves. AGAIN!! :thdn:

Realistc or not?

i do find the big four quite tough to beat although thier status is realistic as they do lose their fair share of games but i must so its not tottaly unrealistic...i must agree with arsenal man united may get through plenty of manager in a short period of time cause no one can ever replace fergie really

Archived