Players younger than 16.

I've always had the mindset that FM should have a youth system below the age of 15/16.

Players irl start playing for a club at around 8 years old, and are trained up from there. While i appreciate not a lot of people do play 10 season games on FM, it would be nice to have some system where you could produce players from a younger age, and train them up.

Thoughts?

I have seen this idea come up on here a few times now and, whilst I think there are some merits to it, I feel that having 3 squads full of players is plenty enough to deal with as it is. I mean, picking up youth players at 16 years old with a view to getting them playing regular 1st team football in maybe 5-6 years is enough youth development for me

Very good idea. I think this will probably be incorporated into the game in the future. Saying that though it would be hard to determine statistics etc., and may be a little unrealistic to quantify an 8 year old's potential. Would be a nice feature though!

For legal reasons players aren't allowed into the game under 16 years old. But I agree that it would be nice to be able to look in the Academy, and perhaps choose if you want to promote some players from the academy to your Academy to your youth squad. Thing is, these would have to regens because of the legal issues.

Maybe from 15 onwards. Definitely not from 8 onwards as the database would be huge for just one league. Also those players who have 'world class potential' at 8 may not be a good player at say 14.

I can't see any merit even if it was legally possible. Would you really want to bother about 8 year olds who wouldn't be getting into the first team for another 10 years?

Actually, I would. There is nothing more pleasing that having a player come from your youth team to become a starter for you. I've only ever done this once, with Aaron Bath. He is a first team player now, and one of the reasons I cant bring myself to quit this game.

Maybe not eight years old though, thinking about it. Maybe 12?

i think players from 15/16 is ok, there are alot of regens that apear from no where at the age of 19/20 and have bliding stats, IRL a player like this would of had to learn his trade some where, so i think all regens should start at 15/16 but have a different level of CA and PA as apposed to 20 year old with CA of 140 appearing from no where.

Actually, I would. There is nothing more pleasing that having a player come from your youth team to become a starter for you. I've only ever done this once, with Aaron Bath. He is a first team player now, and one of the reasons I cant bring myself to quit this game.

Maybe not eight years old though, thinking about it. Maybe 12?

It would be a logistical nightmare. Imagine the database with all these thousands of kids connected to clubs at that age bearing in mind that only a fraction remain in the game. The rest..I don't know..they all go off and play playstation and Xbox.

It would be a logistical nightmare. Imagine the database with all these thousands of kids connected to clubs at that age bearing in mind that only a fraction remain in the game. The rest..I don't know..they all go off and play playstation and Xbox.

There wouldn't have to be a database tbh. They could be regens randomly generated on every game. You would only need to see it on the human club too, imo. And maybe a few players at varying clubs to appear in scout reports.

Maybe from 15 onwards. Definitely not from 8 onwards as the database would be huge for just one league. Also those players who have 'world class potential' at 8 may not be a good player at say 14.

Yes i do agree 15 onwards is perfectly find as the 3 squads you have when you play as a team is defintly enough to deal and it would likely take up more memory of my pc as the database is expanding

forlegal reasons players arent allowed into the game? well what about martin galvan who was in the game last year aged 14? and this year aged 15? i heard someone, not on these forums or anything, say he was too young to be on the game yet(for this years release). yet i knew he was already on last years. so whats that about then? care to elaborate?

forlegal reasons players arent allowed into the game? well what about martin galvan who was in the game last year aged 14? and this year aged 15? i heard someone, not on these forums or anything, say he was too young to be on the game yet(for this years release). yet i knew he was already on last years. so whats that about then? care to elaborate?

There was quite lengthy discussion about that here, although looks like no one from SI gave any explanation

i think players from 15/16 is ok' date=' there are alot of regens that apear from no where at the age of 19/20 and have bliding stats, IRL a player like this would of had to learn his trade some where, so i think all regens should start at 15/16 but have a different level of CA and PA as apposed to 20 year old with CA of 140 appearing from no where.[/quote']

yeah i had a file last year and i was chelsea and i noticed real madrid bought a player for such and such millions and i looked at him he was really good but he had only came into the game aged 20/21. thats totally unrealistic. regens seem to come through too late in some cases....but when they have high potential have the high ability to match that and the age to go with it. like you say theyd have to learn from somewhere, they wouldnt come from nowhere be amazing etc....

There was quite lengthy discussion about that here, although looks like no one from SI gave any explanation

i dont get the legal reasons then, if they are cheeky enough to put a lad whos poor in the game at the start, but give him *** potential. if hes got nothing special about him at the moment, i.e the poor current stats, then why do they rate him so highly and put him in the game and, 'apparently' risk legal issues, being 14/15?? i dont get it

even though for "legal" reasons real players under 16 might not be aloud in but the game could make regens at the start of the game for academy's this could also be a tick option like the player masking and add key staff options

What do you think to that ? and si is this legal ?

That wouldn't be illegal, but I think 14/15 is as low as i'd like to see it go. An 8 year old would have attributes of 1 in all areas, and it would be a pointless exercise.

i agree there 14/15 only and maybe the odd 13 year old wonderkid but 8 is way too young but if this was to be implemented it would have to be a tick option or as an extra data base selection. (small, med, large, large and add inc. youth

what to potential x standard? ...jokes...

and btw what does iirc stand for??

If I remember/recall correctly.

I'd appriciate it if you could edit the three posts that you mention his PA. People in GD may not want to know a players potential.

EDIT: Oh, and BFD - Warning, contains swearing.

are you stupid i have done already. i simply said my original post is in his post, just so he is reminded/aware of it. has nothing to do with you. comprende?

That sort of idiot post isn't welcome on these forums, why don't you put your toys back in your pram and let people help you?

i always liked the youth system in TCM, I think the youth system needs revamping aswell, such as a head of youth developement signing young players throughout the year instead of just end of the season, like from other teams or free transfers etc.

right or wrong we can disscuss this for ever, for leagl reason's not sure it will ever happen allthough i have seen a 14 year old in the game before..

I think if every regen that enters the game started at 16 and had a realistic CA.. in years gone by player's such as Owen, Rooney did play for there clubs aged 16 if im correct? they did obviously have training from a much younger age and they also had a very high CA at the age of 16..

Going below this age would make the game more real life but i think it would bog down and glog the data base, would make the game very slow, it makes it slow enough as it is if you load alot of leagues or use DDT files...

I think we would be fine if all regens started there football life at 15 or 16 in Football Manager..

I dont understand, whats wrong with having regens (regenerated / made up people) in a game. They arn't even real. Who is going to sue who? and on what grounds lol. It cant be illegal :D

Archived