Throw-ins: Flawed match engine?

I was a bit surprised by the throw-in statistics of a match I played today. The opposition had 16, my team had 2. A total of just 18 throw-ins in an entire match seems a bit unrealistic to me (one every FIVE minutes)... but for one team to put the ball out for a throw-in only TWICE in a match seems preposterous.

With my curiosity having been piqued, I took note of the throw-in count in the next match, which was 6-3 in our favour. just NINE throw-ins in the match. Surely this is all but impossible?

So far, my googling for throw-in stats has been frustratingly unsuccessful, but what do you think?

I was a bit surprised by the throw-in statistics of a match I played today. The opposition had 16, my team had 2. A total of just 18 throw-ins in an entire match seems a bit unrealistic to me (one every FIVE minutes)... but for one team to put the ball out for a throw-in only TWICE in a match seems preposterous.

With my curiosity having been piqued, I took note of the throw-in count in the next match, which was 6-3 in our favour. just NINE throw-ins in the match. Surely this is all but impossible?

So far, my googling for throw-in stats has been frustratingly unsuccessful, but what do you think?

Archived