Scouting

Hello! First post so go gentle! :)

I'm currently managing Celtic and I'm coming towards the end of my first season on the 9.0.3 patch.

I have 11 scouts now, some good, some average, some i'll be letting go come summer.

I have 2 questions really

1) Judging potential and ability are obvious stats but I've been hearing that adaptability and determination are other stats that should be high. Is there a formula for scouts like coaches or whats the best rule of thumb when it comes to buying a scout?

2) Is there a definitive method for getting the best coverage and increasing your overall knowledge? I have scouts roaming areas but say 2 roaming eastern europe and south america as they have low knowledge. Is there a better method.

I have been unable to find a scouting best know method guide so help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance!

As for number 2: Sending your scouts to specific countries to get knowledge is a good way of building up your knowledge base but a good way to start out strong is to sign coaches from countries that you have poor knowledge of. Iirc signing, for instance an Australian coach/scout/player should raise your knowledge of that region quite a bit.

As for number 2: Sending your scouts to specific countries to get knowledge is a good way of building up your knowledge base but a good way to start out strong is to sign coaches from countries that you have poor knowledge of. Iirc signing, for instance an Australian coach/scout/player should raise your knowledge of that region quite a bit.

Specific countries is very high maintenance though with 11 scouts, constantly checking who has done what and what they are doing now.

Is that the pattern you use?

I'd say scouts from difffrent nations is a definate yes-yes. When I'm a at a big club I usually try and get scouts from other countries so they scout that country quicker. Say I was playing with Liverpool, I would probably be allowed quite a lot fo scouts so I would have one from England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, Holland and Portugal. You also get a added bonus with scouts from Portugal and France as they seem to always have knowledge of Brazil and Argentina which would benefit to find the next Ronaldo/Ronaldinho :thup:

Would it be better to have good scottish scout scouting central europe or say a mediocre German scout scouting central Europe. Would you do much of a trade off of pay whatever for the best you can for a specific country despite a cheaper option from another country that doesnt help your knowledge much?

It depends what you mean by mediocre. If he has over 15 in potential then definately. I always like to have a "head scout" (20 Potential Ability) who I run all my finds by before considering them. Luckily enough my AM has a 20 in JPA so I run all finds past him and then put them on the shortlist to follow their progress or even buy.

Best advice I could give is always second opinion your finds. 2 heads are usually less wrong then one :thup:

Archived