club doesn't own stadion

i am playing with the solihull moors on a long game. after 22 years i got them into the championship. however, the club doesn't own the stadion, and thus can't expand it. so for now i am playing with 2500 people a week. is there any way this can be changed?

If you save up enough cash, the board will build a new one, but you will need quite a bit of money. On the plus side, when they do build one, seeing as you have been with them for 22 years, they may very well name the new ground after you :thup:

In my Maidenhead United save our stadium held around 4000 people after I was there for 11 years and have them in the Championship as well. I sold my best youngsters to Premier League clubs the one year and eventually the board announced that they are building a new 11,200 all seater which is awesome. Get to move in after I finish my current season.

I am Southport in 2023 and I have got them up to the Premiership and a mid table side. I have a balance of £25m, and we rent the stadium, and it wont be developed above 20,000 because of planning permission. I have asked for 3 years in a row now to expand the stadium and they keep saying no because of the planning permission. How long till they decide to build a new stadium??? I have deliberately kept good finances so that they could build one, but there is no option to ask?

Surely there's a minimum requirement for the capacity of a stadium to be used at Championship level?

For what it's worth, this happened to me in FM08 and we ended up groundsharing at Tranmere in League One and the Championship and then Everton in the Premier. Sure the game could let Solihull share with Walsall at the very least.

It takes a LOT of money to get a new stadium. I got Ramsgate to the Prem. and after 7 or 8 good seasons the board finally built a new stadium. We had almost £200m in the bank and were 1st on the World Rich list before they did. TV money, prize money and Champions League money along with no signing above about 10m and tight control of wages (anyone wanting more than 50k per week was usually sold) allowed the balance to climb by about 30m per season.

Also they don't seem to enforce a minimum capacity in the CCC or the Prem. My first season in the Prem. we had a capacity of 7000.

Archived