Since 9.3.0, some young players want huge wages

I've done a search but couldn't find anything.

Before 9.3.0, I used to get in quite a few young players (between 15 and 18) and loan them out to see if they became any good. After a bit of trial and error, it's very possible to get a good conveyor belt going and it's very good money-wise.

Usually a player with lots of potential but a low reputation would ask for somewhere between £120 and £500 a week. Players already who will clearly be world-class and playing regularly would ask for somewhere between £5K and £20K.

Since the patch, these demands have gone way up. Any youth with more than a little potential will ask for at least £1.5K and just now I had a 17 year old ask for £24K and a 15 year old with good but not exceptional stats for his age asked for £35K! Young players who have never played a full game have started asking to be rotation players at Barcelona too! I love most of 9.3.0, but this is crazy.

From what I've seen on my game they only ask for silly money when they are on youth contracts (and have possibly signed a pre-contract?).

I.e Spurs got a promising right back from their academy and I tried to sign him. He wanted £30k pr week. Three months later, a couple of days after his 17th birthday, he agreed to sign for £1k pr week.

Yes, I believe that this is an issue. I had a 16 year old regen on £55 per week youth contract, asking for £51,000 per week and a KEY player status after many other parties have bids accepted for him. I believe that the slight tweak that SI made to make the youngsters a bit more difficult to get and AI managers competing more for this highly rated youngsters have make the wage demands a bit overpowering, even for the finances for top club.

If more people also encounter this issue, I will go to the bug forum to log this issue.

Could well have been a deliberate tweak, wasn't mentioned in the change log though. Will definately look out for players on youth contracts going onto a full time contract.

My mate suggested that rather than some young players not moving for any price, which was the case before, they are now prepared to consider it, but only for silly money. He may have a point since I haven't come across a single youth who would not move under any circumstances since I patched.

Archived