Negotiating transfer fees

I know sometimes it works but other times it just so dodgy I usually try to avoid negotiating for fear of gettng screwed. I offer 7 mill for a player. They come back asking for 11. I say no and set it down to 9. They then smash it up to 18. I know plenty of people have mentioned stuff like this before but I'm really getting sick of i, added in with the ******** option of not actually managing to exchange players with other teams AND getting screwed when it comes to buying players for craploads more then other teams would offer.

I went a little off topic there since I'm annoyed.. Is there any chance this sort of stuff is being looked into and hopefully fixed for the next version of the game, or should I just sit back and enjoy my dodgy iterations of future FM titles?

i've had plenty of great negotations

i offer 10mill.

they ask for 20 + 10% sell on.

i offer 12mill plus 10% sell on.

they ask for 18 mill

i offer 13mill

they accept

loads of times i've had this.

last time i was negotiating for micah richards.

i offered 35mill and they asked for 70mill.

i laughed and rejected. a few weeks later i offer 35mill + some clauses. they ask for 60mill.

i reject

2 days before the end of the transfer window i offer 35mill + clause and they relent and accept.

I've had both. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just completely daft.

I enquired about a player and was told he would cost 1.8 million pounds, a number I was happy with. So I made a 1.8 million pound offer BUT I had changed the deadline day for response to "tomorrow" and thus it was classed as "make offer" rather then "accept demands". So I wait and they come back with a new offer of 2.3 million so I reduce it back down to 1.8 and offer. They then replied they wanted 2.8 million for him which I was forced to accept cause I wanted the player but didnt want to counter offer for fear of the price becoming even higher.

Completely daft.

i generally find that it is the big teams and even then mainly the spanish ones that are the worst for increasing the price.

The best way to stop this is to make the offer non-negotiable and then if the offer gets rejected you re-offer at a higher offer. it's long winded but you keep doing this until you reach a price they are willing to sell at.

I'm currently negotiating with United for Rooney to come to Norwich... icon_biggrin.gif...he has stated a desire to join, United have said they will sell, so I offer £35million, they come back with £62.5million, I laughed and upped my offer to £38 million plus clauses, they come back with £75million...end negotiations, come back in a week when they will be more realistic. It's just so stupid and not how it happens in real life.

Archived