Loan offers only coming from English teams?

Just something I've noticed since I've been playing FM09: my Tottenham team has a really good crop of young guys between age 18 and 22 (I'm in 2013 now). Most of these guys are good enough to be first-team regulars in the Championship or cover guys in the Premiere League. When I offer these guys out on loan (using the Offer to All button) I only get offers from other English teams. Some facts: many of these guys are from other countries, including countries where I have those leagues running too (France, Germany, Spain, Italy, etc.). In FM08, I was playing with A.C. Milan and had a similar mixture of players I was looking to loan out and I got offers from all over Europe. Are there some sort of rules in England that I'm completely ignorant of? A work permit issue perhaps?

By any chance are you only getting offers from English teams outside the Premier League? If so, is the transfer window open? If it's closed, that's the reason why you're only getting offers from English teams outside the top flight, since they're allowed to make loan bids outside transfer windows.

yeah the teams outside the premier league can still loan outside the transfer window.by the way i havent noticed but is the emergency loan feature in the game if you are man united for instance

yeah the teams outside the premier league can still loan outside the transfer window.by the way i havent noticed but is the emergency loan feature in the game if you are man united for instance

For Goalkeepers, yes. For other positions, only in the Football League

It's even inside the transfer window that you rarely get loan offers from another country. I can except that these are mostly loan to buy as I can re-negotiate and get rid of the future fee, but what really annoys me is that more oten than not the player in question just rejects the loan offer from a top division team in countries like Germany, the Netherlands or Portugal but happiliy moves to a relegation candidate in the championship...

I'm finding it extremely difficult to even get to go on loan. The won't Join my feeder clubs even though i have 3 Championship feeders. The Majority of my players feel they are to good to be loaned out. So they sit in the reserves because they are not quite good enough yet to play in my First team on a regular basis. Consequently Squad Harmony is at an all time low.

I have done all the normal things to try and loan these players. List them for loan. Offered them to all clubs and feeder clubs. but I get no offers in for them or they reject the feeder clubs.

Possibly because they don't have scouting knowledge of England?

If their reputations are high enough I suspect any club will be able to know them, but otherwise they need scouting knowledge.

I noticed this because no team outside of Italy is willing to take my youngsters except one team - Villarreal - because they had an Italian coach somewhere. Just a thought.

And in hindsight it very rarely happens in real-life - clubs are less willing to take a risk on a player who needs to adapt to a new country and league especially a youngster who is unproven - although they are obviously more likely to take an experienced head even if they're from a foreign league.

One trick is to offer them on clubs for transfer at a really high fee. Since the price is too high, clubs will come back with loan to buy offers. Just remove the future fee and take the player off the transfer list afterwards. There doesn't seem to be any morale backlash from the players.

Reputation seems like it might be the issue. Even for Wonderkids and players close to being one -- I tried using FMRTE to lower their home and world reputations and I immediately get offers from other Premiere and Championship teams. They're also more apt to go on loan to a feeder team after this too.

I agree with the OP that this should be improved in FM10. Both when offering young players for loan and for sale, too few foreign clubs come in, even when the player is from that country. For instance, I have a few Brazilian youths bought from Brazilian clubs. When I want them loaned out and I'll pay the wages, why do no Brazilian clubs enquire? If I want to loan out an Italian U-19 hot prospect, why do no Serie B teams rather than Championship clubs show willing? There should be more foreign interest, for sure.

Archived