What do you do when you have too much money?

Sounds like an odd question, but I've got 17 million pounds for Bolton at the end of the January 2012 transfer window and I feel like there's nobody who will significantly improve my team who will come to my club. Can I just hold onto the money for next season? Will it disappear or will it be added to whatever I get from the board?

I tend to keep it in the balance and, if things go wrong on the field I increase my wage budget with it - makes the board happy ;).

Atherwise save it.. I don't think its added to your next transfer budget but the more money you have in the bank the more you get anyways..

I was given £102m with the same feeling of not needing to spend much money. in the end, i still spent £35m, but sold players for around the same so now its just resting in my bank account. its a bit stupid really, as my balance is only £20m and we have just had to spend money on a new stadium

DONT SPEND IT!! on my man city game ( i know how boring ) i had money but decided to spend it for the sake of it but it no 1- wrecks squad harmonny as there is too much competition for places and it takes more time to gel.

one positive is my reserves won every game in the season with dean ashton and riquelme in the team

OK. I think I'll hold onto it. Maybe a good player will get transfer listed or fall out of favor with his club before the next window. I had a £40 million bid (over time, I'd have to offer out some players quick) bid for a talented young Argentine (to avoid player naming) accepted but the board will only give me £87,000 a week for him and the greedy bugger wants more.

Money so useless, still waiting for something to spend my 200 mill budget with Everton on. But as it was said before, its better to build your team slowly than splash out money. If only the city council could be offered some money to be able to get Goodison over 50.000. Come on, they would be on my side for 20 Mill. for them in real life wouldnt they. ;-)

Archived