Selling disappointing signings? *Player naming not intended*

In summer 2011 I signed an absolute top notch regen striker, aged 19, who was sheer class for € 24m for Newcastle. His biggest weakness was pace 12...

He scored lots in the pre-season friendlies and then: nothing.

One goal in 13 appearances, bad performances, started unrest in the dressing room and by late November didn't turn up for training.

On January 2nd, after mere 6 months in my service I decided to sell him. Got € 23.5m plus 30 percent on the profit, so in the end no economic damage. But immaterial damage!:(

I feel bad because I really hoped to build my future squad around him.

What are you doing with signings who disappoint? Do you sell them as quickly as well? Or just from a certain point on? Which one? Would you have tried to get this guy going? You can see I still have my doubts ;)

A regen I bought for 475k from Shanghai, Cui Ke, had really good stats but average rating was 6.6 and he hardly ever got a 7 so after 4 season and only 7-9 appearences, i sold him for £41.5 million to Roma. That bit wasn't dissappointing, just the fact that he couldn't play well for me as he is doing really well at Roma now.

A regen I bought for 475k from Shanghai, Cui Ke, had really good stats but average rating was 6.6 and he hardly ever got a 7 so after 4 season and only 7-9 appearences, i sold him for £41.5 million to Roma. That bit wasn't dissappointing, just the fact that he couldn't play well for me as he is doing really well at Roma now.

AMC by any chance?

I signed Kaka for Pompey in the 4th season for £30m, he was AMC and was rubbish. In the end I flogged him to Barca for £24m a year later. The fans loved him to begin with but with an average rating 6.1 he had to go

I signed Kaka for Pompey in the 4th season for £30m, he was AMC and was rubbish. In the end I flogged him to Barca for £24m a year later. The fans loved him to begin with but with an average rating 6.1 he had to go

Not intended as insulting, but was it your system that made him so poor or was it just him no matter what you did?

Not intended as insulting, but was it your system that made him so poor or was it just him no matter what you did?

No insult taken, he had a free role, creative feedom was high. Basically I let him do what he wanted and go anywhere on the pitch. Pompey won the league that year so I had a good team but I think it was more the AMC bug than him or his tactics. I tried a few different ways of playing him AMC but nothing worked.

Please do not name players!

My questions are aimed at what you do when a new signing doesn't perform, before you give up and sell that guy on...

Calm down, I don'T think anyone playing FM doesn't know Kaka and what he's able to do on the pitch.

BTT. I only sell players if I don't need them anymore (that is, I got some with better stats) or if I really dislike them, either IRL or by constantly doing stupid things on the pitch (and I con't care about his average rating then)-

Archived