Expiring Player contracts

Hi,

If a players contract is due to run out, do you get any compensation money if they sign a contract at another club ? I thought you did if the players age was under 24 ?

i keep getting robbed in January when players won't sign new deals, and instead sign a contract to join a Scottish team (RANGERS :mad:) in july when there contract expires.

I did do a forum search but could not find the answer.

thanks

Craig

Well that should tell you to tie up the contracts long before their due to expire in six months. If a club approaches a player when his contract is due to expire you could also try offering a new contract at the same time.

• Administrators

A player of any age can sign for a foreign team without any compensation. If a player is under 24 and you've offered him a wage equal or above his current wage, if any club from the same nation approaches, you will be due compensation.

A player of any age can sign for a foreign team without any compensation. If a player is under 24 and you've offered him a wage equal or above his current wage, if any club from the same nation approaches, you will be due compensation.

Does this work retrospectively?

e.g. i'm spurs and have no intention of keeping on player A. Wigan then approach to sign said player for free and offer a contract. I then offer player A a contract the same as he was on previously with the knowledge he won't sign it but that Wigan will now have to pay me compensation.

Archived