Is the AI able to have a formation that we can't?

Sorry if I am totally wide of the mark here guys but I am at work and so I can't actually check the game at the moment. My questions is basically as the thread title suggests, so let me explain.

I play the game in tv view and have four widgets at the top of the screen mininalised, one of which is the AI formation so that I can keep checking for changes to their mentality. I am sure that when playing certain teams I have seen the AI playing with one striker then either one player positioned inbetween the AMC and AMR or AMC and AML role in a kind of AMC/R or AMC/L position. They also sometimes play three behind the striker with an AMC/L, AMC & AMC/R. Is it just me and the graphical representation is confusing me or can the AI play players in positions we can't?

You have the same capabilities as the AI so I doubt the AI is able to have a tactic you cannot choose. You can also position one of your players in the AMC/R role that you are speaking of because I have a formation that I use that allows 3 players to play in behind the striker.

Thanks guys I guess for some reason I thought that in 2009 we couldn't put players in those roles which is probably due to me not using or trying to use those positions. As I said I am just sitting here at work and the formation popped into my head so I thought I'd ask the question.

Archived