Worthless Assman

So I had a really good Assistant Manager in season 1 and he eventually left for another job as I couldn't afford him anymore. His most valuable contribution would be his tactical recommendations such as "showing [insert player here] onto his weaker foot." I've hired 2 ass mans since then and neither is providing me with this information (or much else for that matter). I originally thought it was due to a low tactical rating but my recently hired assman has a fairly high tactical rating but in pre match he has "nothing particular to add." Any reason this might be happening? Do I need to ask him somewhere to provide input? All he gives me prematch is information about how our new signings are adjusting. Do I need to send him out to scout these clubs or does he not provide much info because he is new and really doesn't know my opponents very well? Even for random clubs during cup matches my original assman would be a wealth of knowledge about clubs we've never played against....

Did you patch? I've noticed that my assman doesn't give me so much advice in the 9.3.0 patch.

I did. Seems reasonable, although i don't remember if I had patched to 9.3.0 during the second assman.

Never thought I'd say it but - I'm lost without him....

You could get him to scout the club then he would send you a report on your opponents

Since it's been a few matches and no change I'll just have to start making him scout my opponents. Hopefully the reports will include some of the smaller details like the weak foot suggestions.

Depends on the assistant. I had Chris Evans at Bolton and he gave me a few details, but then he left and I brought in Torbjorn Nilsson and he gave me a lot more information. Nilsson is a good assistant because, IIRC, he's only employed by Sweden and so you don't pay compensation.

Really though, Nilsson always tells me to show EVERYONE onto their weak foot and tackle everyone hard, so it's not all that useful as it's not tailored to the opponent.

Archived