pre-season opponents

Just curious...

Does anybody happen to know how opponents for preseason friendlies are decided.

There are the obvious "obligatory matches" against affiliated clubs, but besides that?

Is this purely random, linked to the reputation of your club or the knowledge of your AM, etc? Sometimes - when I start a new game - I find myself making a tour in Israel/Brazil or playing at home at opponents that are all from the same (foreign country) country....

You can arrange friendlies yourself by going to the fixtures screen.

Alternitavely, your Assisstant manager will arange freindlies for you if the relevant box is ticked under team settings

Yes, I know that. My point was more: how does the "AI" (if you ask AM to select or at the beginning of match) choose your opponents? Is it purely random?

I think its a mixture of opponents with higher and lower ability, if you are in the llower leagues, i am sure your ass man will arange a home friendly against a higher team to generate some income, also affiliates are often picked for friendlies.

Personally, i always play against weaker opponents, so that when i beat them my players morale and confidence stay up. (i think this is called sparring)

Archived