WSM 09 on mac. Grey screen problem. Please help

Hello all,

I recently downloaded Worldwide Soccer Manager for mac. My mac uses OS X 10.4.11.

I installed it and everything worked fine. I click on the game's icon and it starts up. The screen goes black. After a few seconds it changes to grey. All I can see is my mouse moving. I move the mouse around the grey screen and on some parts of the grey screen the mouse's pointed arrow icon changes to a white hand icon. When the mouse changes to a hand icon, I click, and the mouse's icon changes to a little soccer ball (or football ball) kind of spinning. So basically, the game seems to be running "behind" the grey screen, but I just can't see anything. So the game seems to be running fine except for the fact that my screen is grey.

So, what's the issue?

In the "WSM read me" it says system requirements for mac is Mac OS X 10.5.5. Is that true? That seems awfully high... And it also says you need some advanced graphics card? My computer has worked absolutely fine with the last two WSM games.

Regardless, does anyone know what the problem is, and how I can fix it?

Thank you!

Hello all,

I recently downloaded Worldwide Soccer Manager for mac. My mac uses OS X 10.4.11.

I installed it and everything worked fine. I click on the game's icon and it starts up. The screen goes black. After a few seconds it changes to grey. All I can see is my mouse moving. I move the mouse around the grey screen and on some parts of the grey screen the mouse's pointed arrow icon changes to a white hand icon. When the mouse changes to a hand icon, I click, and the mouse's icon changes to a little soccer ball (or football ball) kind of spinning. So basically, the game seems to be running "behind" the grey screen, but I just can't see anything. So the game seems to be running fine except for the fact that my screen is grey.

So, what's the issue?

In the "WSM read me" it says system requirements for mac is Mac OS X 10.5.5. Is that true? That seems awfully high... And it also says you need some advanced graphics card? My computer has worked absolutely fine with the last two WSM games.

Regardless, does anyone know what the problem is, and how I can fix it?

Thank you!

Just football is fine;)

Would that be a legal download?

Mac System requirements

The game is currently only being supported on Intel Mac's only, and the minimum requirements are - OSX 10.5.5, Nvidia Geforce 7300 / ATI X1600 Radeon. 1GB RAM.

Officially, SI say the game does not run on 10.4.x. Unofficially, it runs on some 10.4 systems, but not all, and is not supported. This could be your problem.

Otherwise try these solutiuons I listed in another thread:

Ok- us Mac users have had some common problems, I will try and remember them all here and maybe one of them will do the trick!

A

The first thing I can think of is that you may have had a previous version of FM installed on your machine, which has been known to cause problems. You should clear the caches. So...

1. Go to your Macintosh HD folder then click on user shared then delete the sports interactive folder from there.

2. Go to your home folder which is the one in user/ username then choose the library folder

2.1 make sure you delete the sports interactive folder under caches folder.

2.2 make sure you delete the sports interactive folder under logs folder.

2.3 make sure you delete the sports interactive folder under preferences folder.

3. Click on your macintosh HD folder again and go straight to library then go to the receipts folder then you may see FM packages file there and other updates you may have installed then you go ahead and delete all Fm packages including the the updates too.

4. empty your trash and now you can start a fresh installation.

B

Now, the second thing that has caused issues with us Mac users is removing the demo of FM 2009. This causes the full game to not work. If you did have the demo installed you need to install it again, and then install the full game.

C

The next thing that could cause a problem is not having the proper version of Java installed on your machine. Try here for a solution to that:

http://blog.libinpan.com/2008/04/jav...rd-officially/

D

SI do say that FM09 is not OFFICIALLY supported on os10.4.x but that it MAY run for some users. Sadly, if all the above doesn't pay off then you may be one of the people who it won't work for...

Good Luck!

Archived