teams rejected

While managing Leyton Orient i have rejected managerial positions with:

Kilmarnock, Udinese, Atalanta, Valladolid, Hibernian, Aberdeen and Milan( glad i did as i went on to win the CL that season)

who have you rejected and who were you managing at the time?

I'm LLM-ing with Bishop's Stortford, in my 5th season with them, just got promoted to the CCC, my reputation is National, my description is usually Popular Manager, but sometimes Talented Manager, and for whatever reason, these muppets that are only capable of steering title contenders into relegation favorites are getting approached ahead of me for CCC and Prem. positions! Perhaps the global recession has caught up and I should be grateful just to have a job ;) Just as well though, I don't think I could leave my club, having made them something out of nothing, it's like my very own Frankenstein's Monster! Haha.

Leyton Orient winning Europe, huh? KUTGW! :thup:

I'm managing Legnano in Serie C1. I set my reputation to professional footballer (not international) as it enabled me to get a job in the first place (started unemployed).

I keep getting approaches from Championship clubs like Watford, Charlton, Southampton etc. when they sack their managers, but I always reject as I don't want to manage in England (not at this stage anyway).

Funnily enough no non-English sides have approached me, perhaps to do with my National reputation being high and Continental/World being virtually non-existent? (I'm only on the second season of my game). I have leagues from about 20 nations loaded (all European or South American).

In FM2008 I was managing Dundee in the Scottish 1st division and rejected Man United! It was obviously some sort of temporary insanity but dont worry I am now on medication!

Currently flying in first season with Altrincham and have turned down approaches from:

TSV Alemannia Aachen (German 2nd Division)

SC Freiburg (German 2nd Division)

Macclesfield Town (English League 2) - Would suffer death threats from Alty fans if I had left to go there ;)

Córdoba C.F. (Spanish LIGA adelante) - Tempted as it's a neighbouring province to me IRL (Granada) and have Spanish as second nationality.

I could understand the Macclesfield and the Córdoba interest but not the German interest. Anyway, my march to the Football League continues with Altrincham and there's only one or two jobs of personal (clubs I follow IRL) that would draw me away.

Currently flying in first season with Altrincham and have turned down approaches from:

TSV Alemannia Aachen (German 2nd Division)

SC Freiburg (German 2nd Division)

Macclesfield Town (English League 2) - Would suffer death threats from Alty fans if I had left to go there ;)

Córdoba C.F. (Spanish LIGA adelante) - Tempted as it's a neighbouring province to me IRL (Granada) and have Spanish as second nationality.

I could understand the Macclesfield and the Córdoba interest but not the German interest. Anyway, my march to the Football League continues with Altrincham and there's only one or two jobs of personal (clubs I follow IRL) that would draw me away.

Add to the above list...

Aberdeen (Scottish SPL)

Rostock (German 2nd Division)

Aberdeen is by far the biggest club to offer me the job and I'm still in my first season with Altrincham in the BSP :)

In my save i have won just about everything and was waiting for the England or Scotland positions to be available and i would apply for them. This happened in 2014 when England were knocked out in the group stages of the finals so i was over the moon when this happened. I am a world class manager so i thought i would be almost guaranteed the position but low and behold, Steve Bruce got the job!!

He was currently the manager of lowly Fulham and when i checked his history, he has been a terrible manager since leaving Wigan for Blackburn in 2010.

So i accepted the job as Holland manager and hopefully i will beat England and show them what they missed out on :)

Currently managing Lurgen Celtic in my 6th season. Managed to take them from the Northern Irish 2nd division to the Northern Irish Premier Division in 4 seasons. Once i reached the NI Prem that's when the offers started to come in. I had offers from TSV Alemannia Aachen, Carlisle United and Tianjin.....all of which i have rejected as i'm hoping to get Lurgen Celtic into the Champs League group stage, only so far i haven't got past the 2nd round qualifier yet! :(. Having my name banded around a few other clubs too like Huddersfield, Aberystwyth Town and a few Swedish teams.

Archived