Can we finally have an option..

..to tell a player who's 'concerned there is too much competition for a first team place' that they'll be alright because the new player bought won't be competing for a position they're playing in anyway?

Seriously annoyed, my 19 year old wonderkid right winger who incidentally has MC and DMC as natural positions as well wants to leave because I've signed a new DMC. I've now played him in nearly every match since yet he still won't let it go. His status is rotation, he plays a lot of football for his age and he's my most promising prospect. But I can't do anything about him being unhappy about something that obviously isn't and never will be an issue.

Can we finally get this sorted for 2010, pretty please?

You can tell him that he still features in your first team plans, which does what you want it to.

No it doesn't because he's still unhappy and expects to play what I guess is every minute in every game - which he's not physically capable to do. It's a flaw with player interaction that has presented me with an issue I shouldn't have to deal with.

You can tell him that he still features in your first team plans, which does what you want it to.

Doesn't work - i've had the problem with signing AML/R who can also play ST - my STs sulk when i have absolutely no intention of playing the AML/R in that position. As often as not they still sulk when i tell the player he still features in plans.

I've had success with that option. Guess it relies on the player personality and his situation at the club.

Yeah as i said "as often as not" it works some of the time - but is an imperfect solution for a problem that shouldn't exist - if real signed ronaldo IRL, ruud wouldn't get the hump just because ronaldo had the ability toplay up front.

I'd say post this in the bugs forum but i'd hope SI were already aware of this.

What about offering him a new contract and adding the clauses of goals bonuses and appearance bonuses as well as saying first team player.this may help a little

Thing is he's unhappy and won't sign a new contract because his 'future at the club remains in balance'. Despite me trying to make it blindingly obvious that he is the future of the club.

I guess he'll be fine eventually. Nevertheless, it's annoying as hell because his performances have dropped as well.

did you try to change his squad statusto first team player? i know it's not what you're looking for...

I didn't but I doubt it'd change much. Plus I don't really want him to be 'important first team player' at 19. He'll probably be fine in the future anyway, 5 years left on the contract as well. Thanks for the suggestions though :thup:

i hope you get it sorted mate as other clubs can poach him if he wont sign before the end of his contract

As I said, he's got 5 years left so it'll probably be alright eventually. For the time being though I'm stuck with having to play an underperforming, unhappy player with constant poor morale in pretty much every game for god knows how long. Thanks for your input though :thup:

Archived