how many leagues

It all depends on whether you have the patience to sit and wait and it will undoubtedly by fairly slow, that amount of leagues always will be quite slow due to the massive amount of processing that will need to be done

what i was more worried about wasthe game crashing with the amount it has to process

I doubt it will crash with those specs and that amount of leagues, at least not until you get a good few years in.

You didn't answer my question BTW. What did you mean by " when it processes results its very quick"? Did you mean with 60+ leagues loaded or not?

yeah i meant with all those leagues running, but why may it crash a few seasons in

Well if you have already tried it with that many leagues then, you have answered your own question surely?

The reason it may crash later on is because every season the game gets slower and slower, because of the amount of data that is being stored and processed, all the histories and whatnot. Generally, it is fairly imperceptible, but if you play for a long, long while then eventually, your computer won't be able to handle it anymore and will just stop running FM. The more leagues you have, the more it will slow down, but it is nothing to worry about really, it's takes a fair while for this to be an issue. (Notice I said "a good few years" not "a few years", 2 different things ;))

That is the main reason I got a new comp, my old one could not handle any more than about 10 seasons before it would give up on me.

thanks for your help, one last question, how many seasons roughly do you think i may get

There is no real way to tell, but with your specs, I would imagine that you could go for quite a while before the decreasing speed or the potential for a crash becomes apparent

so maybe 40 seasons or more?

I would imagine that you could get that far and possibly beyond, yes. The amount of leagues you have running will probably mean that the game will have slowed fairly considerably by that point, but providing your patience is able to handle it, it is not really a problem

Aha, a fellow postman, I assume!

I have a core 2 duo but only a 2.13 ghz (overclocked slightly to 2.41gHz), and 2gig of RAM. I'm running 32 countries with 84 leagues. I'm using a medium database as there is no way it could handle large with that many leagues. However with that amount of leagues I find there are more than enough players around.

The key is to have nothing on full detail other than the league you are playing in. this helps the processing speed no end. It might be my imagination but I think it's quicker using the latest patch, although not as fast as FM2008 unfortunately.

It's difficult to say if this would suit your needs as everyone's idea of speed are different. I like to do other things while game is processing. This suits me. I'm nearing end of my second season but have been playing this particular save since christmas! (bear in mind I only play about an hour a day if that, so your progress may well be quicker than mine!)

I would say your PC could handle your requirements no problem.

Archived