Where's Keano gone?

i was messing around the other day and was thinking of starting a new game with Man Utd on 9.3.0 when i thought mmmm i could try sign Keane as an ass man. i searched for him but he didn't show up, can anyone else confirm?

what frustrated me is David Platt and Paul Ince are in the game and Keane has done more than them manager wise

As far as I know Keane has shown no interest in going back in to management for the time being. That's probably why he isn't in the game. The other people you mentioned are probably still looking to get back into management / coaching and are therefore included in the database.

How has Keane done more than Platt in management? :confused:

correct me if im wrong but Roy Keane won the Championship with Sunderland and wait for it....ACTUALLY kept them up the following year. I know Platt was manager of Sampdoria and if memory serves me correctly they got relegated, he also was gaffer at Forest where he could be blamed for spending millions on ridiculous signings thus putting them in the situation they find themselves today.

Oh and U-21 manager................who cares, i don't recall England winning any U-21 tournaments.

so therefore i'd have to say Keane has a higher reputation

Keane has made it very clear he intends to come back into management in the near future, which was why he did that ridiculous interview with the Irish Times recently to put himself back in the media spotlight. But in the process tarnished his reputation with Sunderland fans by making unneccesary swipes and basically slagged off Quinn and the board despite the fact Quinn has protected Roy and said nothing but good things. Very sad but thats Roy Keane for ya, controverseal, outspoken and very blockbuster and its why I loved him when he was the manager of Sunderland.

He'll get a championship job soon I rekon, hes a decent manager, very intelligent, very disciplined and an exellent team motivator but he needs to improve his man management, he rarely spoke to the players on a one-to-one basis and he ultimately lost the dressing room when things started going wrong. The best thing he did for Sunderland however was he bathed us in the media spotlight and raised our profile which has allowed us to attract the likes of Cisse and Malbranque, he also instilled the club with a winning mentality which helped us turn things around when we perhaps most needed it.

I went on a stadium tour recently and the work Roy has done there is magnificent, completely stripped the away dressing room to make it tiny and uncomfortbale, changed the colour scheme which subconsciously has a positive affect on the brain, put up posters of the finest moments in our history and motivational speeches on the home side and pictures of the fans on the away side... the Roy Keane effect will be felt at the club for a long time to come thats for sure.

Um anyway, kinda got carried away, what I meant to say was... Yes i'd also like to see him included with the English leagues!

How has Keane done more than Platt in management? :confused:
correct me if im wrong but Roy Keane won the Championship with Sunderland and wait for it....ACTUALLY kept them up the following year. I know Platt was manager of Sampdoria and if memory serves me correctly they got relegated, he also was gaffer at Forest where he could be blamed for spending millions on ridiculous signings thus putting them in the situation they find themselves today.

Oh and U-21 manager................who cares, i don't recall England winning any U-21 tournaments.

so therefore i'd have to say Keane has a higher reputation

All you hve done is illustrate the fact that Keane has achieved more in management than Platt, not that he has done more. Platt was in management for 6 years between 1998 and 2004, Keane for little over 2 years, obviously Platt has done more in management.

Plus, the quote of yours I repled to initially had no mention of reputation.

He'll get a championship job soon I rekon, Yes i'd also like to see him included with the English leagues!

Championship job eh?

What about Norwich? Brian Gunn might/probably is only temporary so maybe Roy Keane in the summer?

(i love to dream)

• SI Staff
He is in the game. But you need to load all the Irish players or leagues for him to show.

This. The game decides which players / managers to load in based on their nationality / reputation so if you want Keane in your game you will have to load the Irish league or choose to retain all Irish players / staff. The game currently doesn't know where a player / manager lives when they don't have a job.

All you hve done is illustrate the fact that Keane has achieved more in management than Platt, not that he has done more. Platt was in management for 6 years between 1998 and 2004, Keane for little over 2 years, obviously Platt has done more in management.

Plus, the quote of yours I repled to initially had no mention of reputation.

ok cool, we were on different wavelenghts so. but i'd rather achieve something if i was manager rather than just being around for a few years

Mourinho has only been in management for less than 10 years i think, while some old men like Mazzone or so have been for 20-30 years, about to retire but yet...most of the people haven't even heard of them, let alone know them.

Quality > Quantity

ok cool, we were on different wavelenghts so. but i'd rather achieve something if i was manager rather than just being around for a few years

Well I dont think we are different wavelengths, I just think you are missing my point.

i was messing around the other day and was thinking of starting a new game with Man Utd on 9.3.0 when i thought mmmm i could try sign Keane as an ass man. i searched for him but he didn't show up, can anyone else confirm?

what frustrated me is David Platt and Paul Ince are in the game and Keane has done more than them manager wise

Sign Gustavo Poyet!

Keane cant be that bad :\ altho i dont like him personally, he saved sunderland somehow, got them promoted, stayed in EPL and unfortunatley got sacked....He will always be a great inspirational leader though. Anyway yeah he is in the database just load all irish players as stated many a time in many similar threads. :D

Keane cant be that bad :\ altho i dont like him personally, he saved sunderland somehow, got them promoted, stayed in EPL and unfortunatley got sacked....He will always be a great inspirational leader though. Anyway yeah he is in the database just load all irish players as stated many a time in many similar threads. :D

He wasn't sacked. He quit.

That's quite strange then, considering he's spent pretty much his entire career in England you'd expect him to be included with just the English leagues loaded.

Not really - He's Irish, not English, so he will be in the irish db not the english one.

he didnt like one of their rich chairman i cant quite renember the name

Aye thats the jist of it. His name is Ellis Short.

Keane was wrong though. Sunderland had lost 6 games out of 7, he had spent over 60 million pounds, he was only turning up for training 2 days a week (double standards?), and after losing to Bolton he was refusing to pick up his phone and players were going to Niall complaining about Roys management. His situation was undefendable and I see nothing wrong with him being questioned if he isn't performing, Roy would do exactly the same if the roles were reversed.

Roys abit too precious and his egos abit too big, if he wants any sort of future in football hes gonna have to harden up and learn how to take criticism.. he was lucky in the sense he had one of the most patient and leniant guys in football (Sir Niall) supporting him and he was backed with a hell of a lot of money, at his next club I doubt he will have it so good.

Archived